OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

Just had confirmation that my new daily use wheels have been delivered to a German intermediary and have now been despatched to the UK. Hope it will be worth the wait.

ZW1%20Cuprad.jpg

beautiful car, can't wait to see it on the RH's (because I can't stand the BBS's)

you just don't see silver corrados, let alone ones this tidy.

class

Yep agreed about the car, it's still a toss up between Asim's and this one as my favourite Cs of all time.

I don't agree with the BBS comment tho. The RS is utterly sublime. Shame they don't agree with my lack of cleaning tendancies.

Gotta agree with PhatVR6 I am afraid.. I just don't think the BBS design scales very well. OSV's car is stunning.. there is no doubting that at all, but I only really like the BBS spokey wheels in 15" - they just look, well, weird in 17" - the huge great bolt / nut thing in the middle just makes the oddness complete for me. Still, if we all liked the same thing then it'd be a pretty boring scene to be a part of - I like that alloy wheels can have produce totally different opinions.

The new daily driver RH wheels are much more to my taste though :)

Yep agreed about the car, it's still a toss up between Asim's and this one as my favourite Cs of all time.

I don't agree with the BBS comment tho. The RS is utterly sublime. Shame they don't agree with my lack of cleaning tendancies.

High praise indeed coming from the 'haywire :D

Cheers fella.

No probs :lol: The both of you have superb cars that just look clean and very very attractive from all angles, especially your 3/4 rear on view with the cream rear headrests and "all reds". I love it :lol:

I know certain BBS designs aren't to everyone's tastes but I've been in the VW scene since 1994 and BBS have been my faithful partner where wheels are concerned for 10 years! To me they encompass all that was good about that classic old school VW look and they have oodles of class today.

Even my Mum loves BBS wheels and she doesn't even know where the bonnet release handle is on her Polo, and that's saying something!

Thanks for the kind comments :oops: , BBS wheels are an absolute design classic and complement many VWs perfectly and are without peer in my opinion. Perhaps the RHs will look equally good on the car? Either way i'm looking forward to seeing how they look, to give the car 2 separate distinct 'personalities' would be a result!

Thanks for the kind comments :oops: , BBS wheels are an absolute design classic and complement many VWs perfectly and are without peer in my opinion. Perhaps the RHs will look equally good on the car? Either way i'm looking forward to seeing how they look, to give the car 2 separate distinct 'personalities' would be a result!

Once there on check the clearance between the wheel rim and the rear strut with the car on the ground ie. lookin up into the wheel arch from behind the car. They sit really close. I had to use a 3mm spacer for a bit of breathing space.

Never seen RH's on a silver car before, can't wait to see it.

Thanks for the advice, hope they go on without too much trouble (crosses fingers)

Well your Corrado was the only one that *really* grabbed my attention at inters..... I wish I'd introduced myself when I saw you rubbing it down after the rain but some girls bending over in the area opposite kind of destracted me :-P

Totally agreed on your BBS thoughts. In terms of weight, strength, design and kudos, they are hard to beat, but I must admit, your forthcoming RHs are going to look fantastic.

That's a lovely car, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and say already that it'll look 100% better on the RHZW1's imo............let's wait and see...... :wink:

That's a lovely car, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and say already that it'll look 100% better on the RHZW1's imo............let's wait and see...... :wink:

I think it will look better on RH's too. Prefer BBS on dark metallics.

Tyres are on now, sadly when I came to fit them I found they had sent the wrong adaptors, :( But new ones are on their way 8)

Tyres are on now, sadly when I came to fit them I found they had sent the wrong adaptors, :( But new ones are on their way 8)

In what way? I'm after some 6mm thicker adapters for the front of mine.

Do RH offer different adaptors to change the offset then?

I would have thought they would have made the wheels for a specific application instead of one size and adapters?

No I believe that at least in the ZW1 range you get either a 5 stud or 4 stud wheels. In my case an 8x17 ET60 5 stud and then you fit the appropriate RH adaptors to fit the vehicles PCD and to correct the offset. So with the correct adaptors they will fit 5x100 and have an ET of 35.