Sign in to follow this  
BIG D

Cambelt timing????

Heard about the snapping bolt on the G60's, so had a new bolt arrive today. Removed the aux belt and PAS belt. Gunned off the crank pully bolt and prepared to fit the new 'DX' bolt. It was at this time that the bottom pully fell off to reveal the cam belt. Am worried that the timing is now out, so have completely removed the cam belt, orderd a new kit and will fit tomorrow. Only problem is i have no idea where the cam and crank should line up to??????

If anyone has got a vw repair manual on disc and can be bothered to e mail me the G60 1992 timing marks, that would get me right out the thick brown stuff.

Thanks Dale.

[email protected]

Gutted for you mate. I changed mine on saturday for a DX bolt, but luckily nothin moved, as doin the cambelt was a job i couldnt have been ars3d to do on sat. Turned the engine over by hand aswell just to make sure

Fitted belt yesterday, started first klick. Drove home today after a whole day of valeting/polishing, only to find that im a tooth out. car has no power and is backfiring like a good'un. So i will strip it again tomorrow, the saga of changing 1 poxy bolt continues.

D.

Rechecked my timing marks, all ok. Needed setting up with the strobe light. Spent a hour n a half getting the little bugger of a 13mm off the dizzy, popped to see a man in the know when it comes to G60's, who set it up for me. Now drives like a dream.

D.............. :D