Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

cheap VW for

I want to move into a flat with my mate, or anywhere to be honest, and one thing that is limiting me is my car, because i WILL NOT park it on the road or anywhere dodgy.

So im thinking of getting a little run around.

I like the shapes of the Polo's, Mk3 is it?

Or what vw can i get cheap, just as a run around to get to work and back?

any ideas anyone?

Bristolbaron has the perfect car in cars for sale then a mk3 polo gt, askin £650 last time i looked.

Bristolbaron has the perfect car in cars for sale then a mk3 polo gt, askin £650 last time i looked.

They are fast as Fook for a little 1300! Rev like a revvy thing thats been revved a lot :D Our Kid used to have one, used to hang onto the arse of my GTI 16V upto 80mph!

For £300 sovs you could get a decent Range of VAG Cheapness:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/ca ... ull=SEARCH

Quick search on autotrader revealed a few gems amongst the cack ;)

Just be mindful that all old cars NO MATTER HOW CR*PPY THEY LOOK (Polo's, mk1/2 Golfs, Fezza's, Escys, Nova's, Metro's etc) have the potential to attract thieving scum. Purely because they are sooooo easy to nick. Most of your common or garden thieving little turds do not possess the intellect to steal anything manufactured after 1990. Hence why they target cheap battered runarounds.

Just be mindful that all old cars NO MATTER HOW CR*PPY THEY LOOK (Polo's, mk1/2 Golfs, Fezza's, Escys, Nova's, Metro's etc) have the potential to attract thieving scum. Purely because they are sooooo easy to nick. Most of your common or garden thieving little turds do not possess the intellect to steal anything manufactured after 1990. Hence why they target cheap battered runarounds.

Then why don't you nick them if they are that un-intellectual!

Too busy handing out speeding tickets? :lol:

(Note the above is a joke, much like "Blunketts Babies"..)

Haha!! I wish i could. On the rare occasion we do come across a nicked car we get stood down from following (pursuing) straight away. :censored: :censored: :censored: Unless we're crafty with the feedback we give :D

But we do get our payback when we catch someone in the act of breaking in though!

There definately some bargains to be had, i think i am a class example. Im going back to uni in a few weeks so was looking for a cheap run about and ended up getting a D reg mk2 polo with 74k miles for £100 :shock: and it runs sweet, ok not perfect as it needs a new clutch but thats only £40 and then it will run perfect! Came up pretty well with a polish too :lol:

My hunt for a run about began yesterday..

Budget - max £800

Vehicle - Mk2 as late as possible in half decent nick...

They're out there. I had a Mk2 J reg 1.8 Driver 2yrs ago, complete with power steering, 72k, FSH and 2 local owners, all for £795! Was a nice minty standard example which my mechanic always tried to buy off me every time it went in for a service or oil change. Ran it for 14 months, spent nowt on it apart from sevice/oil changes, then sold it to my mechanic for £800!

When I was after a cheap (but fun) runabout, I picked up a Mk2 Ibiza Cupra... they're carrying the same 2.0l 8v as the Mk3 Goof GTi or, if you find a 2.0l 16v you can probably land half leather and an entertaining power-to-weight ratio for well under £1k too...

Just taken a peek in the 'Trader and there's a '96 copper-coloured 16v with a MPT until next July for £795!

Failing that there's always sub £500 'Rocco's around too ;-P

Yeah, you can pick up a MK2 Rocco for peanuts!

Great little cars, and are nice and basic, so you can fix anything that goes wrong cheaply and easily yourself! 8)

My hunt for a run about began yesterday..

Budget - max £800

Vehicle - Mk2 as late as possible in half decent nick...

I know it's £200 over your budget, but Tim (Who was on the clubstand at festival) has his MK2 GTI 16V up for sale, think it's Helios Blue too, wants a grand for it, just done under a 100K IIRC! Good nick and runs sweet as a nut!

Is it advertised on Section 5 Steve?? I may have to have a peep at that...

Don't Think So! He may be at the S5 meet on Sunday with it though!

My last run around (which is gone now) cost me £100. Mk2 polo saloon, 4 weeks tax+4 weeks MOT, 80k, full service history, sorted.

I sold it for £50 thinking it would fail the MOT on the suspension, as you could bounce it with your finger. Turns out the new owner got it through first time!