Sign in to follow this  
dubrado

2.0 16v strange bleeping noise?

This has happened twice now in the last two days and never before, The car beeps twice quite loudly when i drove harshly round a corner cant think it could be the alarm or immobiliser, I havent got a clue tried charging round corners to see if it will do it again but that didnt work, anybody any ideas? oh and this bleep seams to be coming from the dash, like i say its only ever happened twice so its difficult to pin point

oil is fine its definatly doing it when i rag it round corners, any ideas? oh and no lights are coming on or anything like that

Definitely an oil pressure warning buzzer! Check the wiring to the two senders on-top of the oil filter housing if the oil level is ok! May be better off replacing the two senders, as they are only a few quid.

ill get straight on it cheers, one other thing to mention dunno if it has any relevance, it had a new sensor my bro( mechanic who fitted it) said he ordered the correct part num from vw, but when it came it was just a different colour! it only beeps when i ragg it round sharp corners and i only ragg it round sharp corners to see if it beeps if that makes any sense, it has had a history of the engine going wrong ( I have learnt the hard way) so know the slightest thing I just worry and think here we go again? is it anything to worry about? If I drive normal it doesnt do it

Hi there, I believe I can help. I own a 1.8 16v and the thing beeps at me pretty much every time I drive it. If the oil's just under a certain point in the mill then the oil warning thing beeps constantly. It does not necessarily mean you're low on oil, it's just a little annoying fault. That is, until I hit the dashboard really hard with the palm of my hand. If you give it a real hard smack (and put some passion into it) about halfway between the steering wheel and the windscreen it will stop! Simple fix, cheap, and works every time!

Hi there, I believe I can help. I own a 1.8 16v and the thing beeps at me pretty much every time I drive it. If the oil's just under a certain point in the mill then the oil warning thing beeps constantly. It does not necessarily mean you're low on oil, it's just a little annoying fault. That is, until I hit the dashboard really hard with the palm of my hand. If you give it a real hard smack (and put some passion into it) about halfway between the steering wheel and the windscreen it will stop! Simple fix, cheap, and works every time!

Ha ha thanks rimshot!