Sign in to follow this  
Riley

G60 ECU Piping...Im confused.

Right...Im confused.

Few quick questions first.

1/The length of the ecu pipe is supposed to be 1m exactly yes?

2/What about the internal diameter?

3/Who actually states this? :?

As if you look at etka here (red bits)...I don't see a 1 piece pipe that is 1m long,but seperate bits that equate to 520mm long. :?

g60ecupipe.jpg

Oh and lastly...

What spec is the fpr pipe (no.18) supposed to be?

Etka says 100mm long,but dosn't mention an internal diameter.

Neil. :)

Go back to the stealer and get him to give you the black cloth braided pipe with yellow stripes running

down the side,internal dia. if i remember is 3.5mm,same pipe can be used on the small piece of rubber

pipe that is for the FPR(n.18 on the pict.),no specific length,couple of inches will do.

The same pipe was used on the 2.09A corrado to and from the ign. ecu so if they don't have the exact spare for the G60 mill the 9A's version is fine.

But does nobody see what i mean re:The above etka pic? It dosn't show a 1 piece pipe...

Darren,the pipe i have been using has always been 3.5mm internal diameter as mentioned plenty in the past on here(from vw) would this cause any problems?

1. pipe has to be 1m long. no brakes. you will see this when you remove it. dont fit a boost gauge here either.

2&3. go to VW ask for the specified braided out hose. it will have the correct expansion properties expected by the system.

G60 ECU is particularly funny about havin the correct hose and length.

I already have a new piece of pipe from vw...exactly 1m long 8)

What im questioning is that...it dosn't show that it should be 1m long on etka...nor does it show a 1 piece pipe as far as i can tell.

So is etka wrong and someone on the forums right?

Or to put it more simply...

Did a new corrado G60 come with the piping as per etka (520mm long and more than 1 piece) or just a 1 piece 1m long pipe?

Neil.

But its been said on here many times that it should be 3.5mm internal diameter?

So should it be that or 3.2mm?

I just want to know that it is how it should be from factory...theres a lot of contradictory hearsay about g60's afterall.

I bought 1m with 3.5mm internal diameter...and its roughly around the same time that my problems started i think,its hard to say for definate as it was over 2 years ago.

there is no way a piece of pipe 520mm long would reach the ecu so 1M is far more realistic, it would be interesting to know where the figure of 1M came from or was it just measured from an origianal pipe?

I am pretty sure the one on mine was the original hose as it was perished and still had the VW tube clamps on the ends and that was 1M long.

Fair point...although there is a fair amount sort of coiled up?

Cheers m8.

So what about the internal diameter?

When i bought the current pipe the guy kind of half ar$e attempted to measure the internal diameter,and it was 3.5mm...and thats all they had so thats what i ended up with.

But are we saying 3.2mm now?

Cheers,Neil.

Just changed this pipe on mine while fault hunting, the pipe i took off was the original one and was 1m long, so i cut the new pipe to the same length and threw it on (still didn't fix the problem though :( )

How do Monza :)

Any chance you could check the internal diameter of the old pipe for me? or the new one if its exactly the same?

Cheers m8...Corrado's eh :(

found braided pipe connected to something behind engine don't know the propper word for it. it has a valve on it also looks like there should be much bigger pipe coming off at the bottom, but heres the best bit the braided pipe is cut and a bolt put in the end so don't know where it goes , could do with some pics really thanks yuall :notworthy: