Sign in to follow this  
minkeya

Borbet A's 9j at rear with arch problems

Have been told I will need my arches rolled at the rear but my local accident/repair garages are all reluctant to take it on due to the arches being double skinned. Is it worth gettin them pulled? Anyone know prices? I really really don't want to have to change these fantastic rims!

I managed to get hold of an arch rooling tool (you can make them using a scissor jack, old brake disc and trolley wheel) rolled the lip up and hey presto rolled arches. You do need to warm the arch with a hot air gun first though, so as not to crack the paint.

Pulling the arches is a far more difficult job AFAIK. You run the risk of the panel above the arch popping in.

Have been told I will need my arches rolled at the rear but my local accident/repair garages are all reluctant to take it on due to the arches being double skinned. Is it worth gettin them pulled? Anyone know prices? I really really don't want to have to change these fantastic rims!

I have these on the rear of my vr6. The lip had already been cut off and I had the rear disks machined down by 3mm before I put it in to the bodyshop. They managed to pull them an inch each side and it cost £300 a side.

Is yours a vr6?