Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Brembo brakes question

Don't suppose anyone has a set of Brembo brakes for the G60 laying around at the moment?? If you do please can you tell me the distance between the calliper mounting holes on the calliper carriers... Many thanks.

Bump, no one got a set of these off the car at the moment???

ive got a set of brembo 4pots if that what you mean??? what do you need to know exactly ?

Sorry, maybe it wasn't clear. After the distance between the two holes through which the calliper bolts screw into on the carriers. Just thought it would be easier to get from someone if they had them off the car (saves me taking my wheel off and groveling around when it should be nice quick job for someone with a set off the car). Basically I'm getting some 2 piece discs for my fronts which are bigger than the 305mm discs I already have on there. As such the calliper will need spacing out further, and I was going to get 2 spacers made, but need the distance between the holes to get them made up.

At the moment I've got 305mm Seat ones. Problem is the Porsche callipers I have aren't the Boxster S ones (something the previous owner of them didn't let me know unti, after I'd fitted them). So basically the cowboy had ground down the pads to make them fit by taking 2mm of each one (the callipers I have are meant for 24mm thick discs when the Boxster S ones are 28mm or the same as the Seat discs). To save me having to to that again when it comes to changing the discs and pads I'm having some bells made for a pair of AP rotors. The new ones will be 315mm diameter, and I should be able to use the pads without modification. Obviously larger discs need a calliper spacer, hence the request.

Thanks G60SC_Stoney, the bottom image is just what I need :notworthy: :thumbleft:

glad to help, you'll have to let me know how you get on with these bigger disks, as i will probably upgrade when mine are shagged....

Thanks again. As you've got standard Brembo callipers it should be a lot easier (and have loads more options) for discs to upgrade to. AP racing have loads of different discs with 28mm thickness, but mine needed to be thinner. I ended up with ones which aren't even on their normal catalogue (lucky me) which had enough pad clearance to clear my Boxster callipers, combined a large enough central hole to fit over the hub.

Where could i find full range of AP 2-piece discs (any internet catalogue)? Now I Have 310X28mm brake discs and brembo calipers from alfa 166 3.0 V6. But future plans are 2-piece bigger rotors upgrade...

Where could i find full range of AP 2-piece discs (any internet catalogue)? Now I Have 310X28mm brake discs and brembo calipers from alfa 166 3.0 V6. But future plans are 2-piece bigger rotors upgrade...

On the AP racing website.... There is a selector on there, which you can feed in your diameter and it will tell you what rotors are commonly available. I say commonly, as there are some which aren't on that list. I was told by the supplier I was dealing with that only about 50% of the available disks are on the website which can be accessed by the public - for example the ones I've gone for weren't on that list. Best thing to do is find your nearest supplier and give them a call and they will be able to search the entire catalogue.

Seems as though I can't do anything the easy way :lol: If I had Boxster S callipers, the Ibiza Cupra R discs would be a direct fit as they are meant for 28mm thick discs. As I have Boxster callipers, thye are meant for 24mm thick discs, so the Seat ones don't fit (without grinding down that pads :shock: which is what the previous cowboy owner had done). Hence I've gone to AP and got ones which are the right thickness for me, but I've gone bigger than I have at the moment (315mm as opposed to 305mm), so I need to space my callipers out further.

Cool Ok so lets see if I have this right Jon....

Boxster S calipers...

Ibiza Cupra discs...

What Mountings to get the Boxster S calipers onto the 16v/G60 hubs?

I just have the Seat calliper carriers (as used for the brembos), as the mounting holes are the same (don't forget mine are Boxster and not Boxster S callipers). Best thing to do is find a set of Boxster S callipers and measure the distance between the mounting holes, to make sure they are the same as the carriers.

jumping on this thread, I have a set of Boxster S calipers, on a try before I buy basis, and they immediately dont fit my BBS rx's which is a bugger, but its more important for me to have the brakes.

I have 323mm discs, with alloy bells audi TT fitment, so I would have thought they would be the same as seat leon discs.

Has anyone actually got a set of these boxster S calipers to fit behind a wheel with a normal offset, cos these are mosshooove!

Coxxy.. don't fit as in you can't get wheels over them?

Can you post up the mounting dimensions as per Jon's post above if you have the calipers off the car.

I'll have to have a look at an S the next time I see one parked up and see what the clearance to the stock Porsche wheels are.

they fit behind the 17" wheel, its the back side of the spokes they are fowling.

what dimensions are you after, I have the calipers, but no carriers as of yet.

Whats the part number on the Boxter S calipers? I run 996 turbo calipers with Cupra R fitment discs on my Golf. I purchased blank undrilled cast brackets from Germany for £50 and then machined/drilled and tapped them myself so that they would fit. However no matter what I did I still have to use 6mm to clear the back of my TT Comps.

Has anyone actually got a set of these boxster S calipers to fit behind a wheel with a normal offset, cos these are mosshooove!

I'm going to have to use spacers with my Brembos (same as Cupra R etc) especially with my RX's as they seem to be worse than my other wheels. Same 323mm discs too.

I purchased blank undrilled cast brackets from Germany for £50

Could you tell me where from? I have drawn some up with the intention to machining my own but I can't seem to get round to finishing building the building to put the milling machine in !! Too cold outside :D

are we talking Boxster S rears here chaps??

If you want them to fit the 28mm Seat Ibiza 305mm discs you'll need the Boxster S fronts AFAIK. I seem to remember the rears are for 24mm discs.