Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Rob's Detailing

Right guys,

I am starting back at uni on monday and am officially out of work. I dont fancy going back to stacking shelves and i cant get any part time work at the company i done my placement with so i intend to do valeting and detailing part time to earn some money.

I am sure a lot of you have seen some of my work, if not then check out THIS thread for some examples.

I started getting into detailing as i wanted to get my C looking its best. I have used some cracking products on it and have given it a machine polish in the past (although not perfect) and have often been complimented on the finish at various car shows. I now have quite a large selection of products so can tailor a service to your needs really.

I am offering my services to you to keep me going through uni as well as get my C back on the road to stay! I can do just plain old valets ie a full body wash (still carefully done with lambs wool mitts, 2 buckets, pressure washer, waffle weave drying towels etc), wheels cleaned, interior hoovered and wiped down, windows cleaned, exterior plastics and tyres dressed. Or i can do detailing which would involve the full wash then the car will be clayed (dependant on condition but most likely will need doing), hand polished with filler heavy polish to fill in swirls and then sealed and waxed, interior cleaned, windows polished, all plastics and tyres (including arches) dressed, wheels waxed. Or if you want the daddy of details then the above but instead of hand polishing and filling in swirls i will machine polish the car to remove the swirls (although i tend not to remove 100% of swirls due to not having a paint thickness gauge so by leaving some i know i havent removed too much paint) or transform your tornado pink car back to lovely vibrant red!

I am willing to travel a reasonable distance as long as petrol costs are covered, nothing too far like scotland etc im afraid unless you paid to put me up for a weekend and have a few cars to do then i may consider it :lol:

So if you are interested then PM me and i can give you an idea on prices.

Cheers,

Rob.

Hi mate... could you drop me a price for a machine polish and going over with some good quality wax, etc?

Thanks.

ditto please Rob! also, have you tried any wet sanding yet? have a couple of scratches that were retouched but still look a bit obvious and would be interested to see if they could be improved with a sand and repolish?

cheers,

john

Where you based and can you PM me the "works" please.

Get you to do mine and get some tips off ya while your here.

Cheers for the price Rob. Seems very fair given the work involved. Will have to mull it over and see if I have any disposable cash coming up in the next few months :)

No worries Jim. Thats a forum special offer price really as i will hopefully get most the work off here, well for full blown machine polishes etc, and then just get regular valets in my area.

wanna let me have a price too? I'd be looking for the same as Jim - clay, machne polish and wax - happy to wash it myself first :)

wanna let me have a price too? I'd be looking for the same as Jim - clay, machne polish and wax - happy to wash it myself first :)

You have a PM mate, just sent it :)

Are you at uni every day during the week Rob? Would you be open to working on a weekday if that was an option for me?

Are you at uni every day during the week Rob? Would you be open to working on a weekday if that was an option for me?

Im afraid at the moment i am at uni every day John, but hopefully i will be getting fridays off soon as need to re-arrange my timetable as im sharing lifts so soon i will have fridays available. Otherwise just weekends im afraid.

No probs, thanks for letting me know. Hopefully will have a better idea on dates next week. Cheers!

alrite rob how much would it set me bk to have u machine polish my vr and passat?

ive already done the clayin and tried a few polishes but the vr could do with a buff up b4 i put her up for sale and the passat needs more work than i can do by hand?

Hi Rob,

I'm interested in seeing how well the 8V's paint can be restored. It's on 159k miles and has lived outside all its life.

I'm not too bothered about the interior or wheels being done as this is an everyday / workhorse car but I hate cleaning the bodywork as it's like sandpaper.

Can you give me an idea of a price to clay and polish etc.

Thanks

Judith

P.S. I would of asked at Stealth if I had seen your earlier and had my brain in gear as the car was there and you could of seen the size of the job!!!!

Hi Rob,

Just wanted to say thanks for the splendid job you did on my car on Saturday. Am looking forward to seeing the pictures to see how the car has photographed and whether they give a good idea of how crap it looked before and how great it looks now. You can add me to the list of people who would happily recommend you to anyone that is not sure.

Thanks Del, glad you are happy with it! I was happy to do it, even if it was just for seeing your collection of cars :shock: :notworthy: