Sign in to follow this  
Saint Tricky

Steering Collumn Lock part number?

Hi

I've been told a steering collumn lock with part number (357 905 851D)will fit my G60.

But I just took off the shroud to have a look and the part number I got was 535 905 851.

Can any of you part number guru's please check to see if the top one will be okay.

Thank you

ST

Neither of these numbers according to EKTA :?

You can buy :

Steering lock without ignition switch 155 905 851

Lock cylinder for ignition starter switch up to chassis no 53H027544 is 191 905 855

chassis no 53H027545 on is 1HO905855A

Ignition Starter Switch 111 905 865L

HTH

Bill he means the steering lock not the bit you stick the key in (which incidently is worth chaging at the same time altho the old one can be drilled out easily as is the ignition switch for the newer black polo 6N part...)

The numbers posted are correct as lonbg as the car is manual transmission - the 357 part is for non adjustable steering column and the 535 part is for the adjustable...

Bill he means the steering lock not the bit you stick the key in (which incidently is worth chaging at the same time altho the old one can be drilled out easily as is the ignition switch for the newer black polo 6N part...)

The numbers posted are correct as lonbg as the car is manual transmission - the 357 part is for non adjustable steering column and the 535 part is for the adjustable...

Thanks for that.

So seeing as I have an adjustable steering collumn then the 357 part will be no good.

I've already changed the lock barrel and done the rest of the locks to match (thanks to the search and Wiki)

I've also got the 6N switch and 2 new sheer bolts waiting to go on, just saw some cheap new steering locks on fleabay and thought I'd do them both in one go.

Thanks for the clarification and help from you all. Much more reliable than my local stealers when it comes to part numbers.

I'll have to look out for one of these etka cd things as it might prove to be useful.

Cheers

ST