Sign in to follow this  
woz31

tacho pulse from can-bus

hi,i'm new to this forum, I have recently converted my corrado to 3.2 24v vr6 using factory ecu with immobilizer coded out. I have so far been unable to find a signal converter to draw analog tacho signal from the drive can wiring do any of you guys have any solutions? any help would be a result as I have no desire to fork out £700 for tt clocks which look wrong in a tt let alone my corrado,thanks in advance.

If you search on Vortex you will find something about this.

There is a signal from the ecu which usually goes to the climate control. I'll try and remember when i get to work to see if i can find what pin it is.

We used a signal from this to wire in a boost controller on an R32 Turbo

thanks for responding, I am after engine rpm not vehicle speed on convenience can-bus,engine rpm is drive-can only I have tried a hunter/racelogic converter but cant be 100% on that component as is it was second hand Iscoped output with vas 5051b this was flat line,ps I am a main dealer technician and have full access to factory data but as I dont wish to use audi dash panel there is no tech backup, modified so not there problem etc.having disscussed it the other senior techs we reckon a converter is required but other than different baud rates between drive and convenience can I know they are bosch protocal that is as much as audi thinks we should know.I look forward to further response thanks again

It was a tacho signal that we got from the climate control output.

We were wiring in a boost controller which controls boost on rpm.

Im always up for learning something in this case it would be nice to be wrong, the doner car if it helps was a 2005 chassis tt bhe engine code i have checked the wiring diagrams but could have missed it. my car if relavent was 92/93 abv vr6. I have just been thinking why the ac would need engine speed, might be stall protection from power steering if you can get that pin number so i look into it would be good,I Have used the tt sensor harness complete and chopped out what i needed from the power side i know drive can is active will have to check convenience ,thanks for input so far

to jezzag60 thanks mate your a star ,i've got a working if slightly eratic tacho i believe later clocks are the cure,thanks again,seems corrado and can-bus need not be a head ache any more.

on my mates leon 20vt if you press a combination of keys on the climate control it goes into a diagnostic mode and you can scroll through all sort of info- speed, revs, temperature etc up on the climate control screen. I guess this is why the climate control has a tacho signal feed.