Sign in to follow this  
drunkenmunkey

Does anyone know about 'Comfort kits'?

Hi

I've just purchased a lovely Weitec GT kit for my VR6, my question is as above really....I'm running 17s & would like to keep them on but want to retain as much comfort as possible and I keep seeing posts for a 'comfort' set up with different top mounts & bump stops........Can anyone shed some light on this??

Any input is much appreciated Thanks!

i just put the weitec gt kit on my car and it is very comfy, not at all crashy which i was dreading, its what i wanted really, wasn't into skateboard handling.

i just renewed all the bumpstops and cut them down by about 15mm.

but i do have standard speedlines on mine, which helps with the comfort factor, tyres do a fair bit of the shock absorbing

Top mounts and bushes don't affect ride comfort, they just suppress road noise.

Bump stop shure stiffness only affects how hard the damper bottoms out and when. Stock rear bumpstops are designed to be in use at all times, so don't cut those down too much. About 15mm, or what ever the lowering reduction is as 3 corsas says.

The actual ride comfort comes from the spring and damper combo itself, aswell as tyre compound, air pressure and side wall height.....i.e. Far too many variables!

On a VR6 at least, I've found 275lb springs at the front and 200lb rear springs to be a very good compromise.... if you can find out what the spring rates are from Weitec?

The comfort kit is a term C&R use to describe the upgrade to the MK3 style (in our case VR6/late 16V/8V) top mounts

They are more comfortable in terms of ride quality but don't last as long as the single piece items as fitted to the G60 etc