Sign in to follow this  
swiftkid

Adjustable steering

I got my car broke into the other day and all the ignition torn apart but thankfully the car was not stolen and nothing taken which is very concerning. I am now looking for a new ignition barrel and housing including the steering lock etc but mine does not have the adjustable steering column. How easy is it to convert into an adjustable steering column as parts for these are easier to come across and also are any of the ignition parts different between the two types?

Thanks alot

Better off keeping the non adjustable tbh, less chance of play...

The steering lock part is not hard to get hold of - less than £20 I think, ignition switch about the same... you can drill your existing barrel and re-use if it's not been damaged

Not sure if this is a daft question or not but is the adjustable ignition barrel and housing the same as the non adjustable? Just thinking its only going to be the plastic that is different and cant really see why the ignition housing would be seeing as it clamps onto the same part