Sign in to follow this  
PRANA666

G60 Turning Not Starting

Hi,

After reading many posts on here I have not found anybody with the same problem as me. Hopefully someone can give me some advice. I have a G60 J-Reg Corrado. It had not been driven for 6 months, but at the beggining of the month put her back on the road. Was driving fine untill Sunday when it felt as if the car was misfiing. On Monday the car would not start at all. The engine turns fine, battery is brand spanking new (1 week old), there is a spark to all the plugs, I can hear the fuel pump when I turn the ignition. Yet the car will not start. Does anybody have any suggestions, there is no obvious immobiliser on the car, unless its in the ignition system, which i very much doubt.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Hi m8,

Id be checking the cambelt timing out...G60's are known for snapping the crank bolt which can really balls things up.

Give us a shout if you need help,checking how the marks should line up.

Neil.

Hi Mate,

I have to agree with Neil here it sounds like your crank bolt has worked loose and knocked the timing out :-(

Its not a massive job but is a pain in the ass if its cold or wet, I had the same problem last year you need

to check the timing on the cam belt with respect to the dizzy, so look at the timing mark on the bottom

crank pulley, the cam pully and the disitributor its quite easy to see if its out of alignemnt.

Do a search on G60 and timing, that will pull up loads on this issue.

Cheers

Dan

Where abouts are you based mate? Anywhere near the south coast and I might be able to come give you a hand :-)

Thanks for the offer Dan, based in Northampton ironically enough. Waiting for the weekend before I can do anything to the car, it is pitch black by the time i get home from work. Had my A4 on stands for the past 6 weeks as changing the flywheel and front suspension so thats been put on hold even further. The joy of car mechanics.........

Tell me about it my MOT just cost me £360 and that was with me doing most of the work :-(

bloody cars eh :lol: am sure there are a few G60 owners round your way who may offer a hand

though! Start a Northampton meet thats how I got to know the guys down here (and they have

been regretting it ever since!) :lol:

Hi guys,

looks like it was the ignition switch. I have decided to replace the temperature sensor (blue one), ignition switch, ecu relay, the pipe from the ecu to inlet manifold. Engine absolutley stinks of petrol as well so hopefully changing these items will allow the car to start normally and also stop it from over fueling.....let me know what you think

Thanks

Good work! that ignition switch is fun isnt it ;-)

Just as a quick heads up on the old stinking of petrol issue check the hoses that go to and from the

fuel rail as when I got my G60 they where both cracked and leaking Optimax on to the exhaust manifold :shock:

Dan

Has anybody had the problem of a g60 cutting out for no apperent reason? It will be driving fine, then the tach drops straight to zero and the car dies. If you let her sit for about 5 or 10 minutes she starts right up. I have a new ignition switch, and no vaccum leaks. Also new lambda probe. I can hear the fuel pump, so i think its the ignition. Today when it happened i unplugged the power wire to the coil and re-attached it and it started up, but it could be coincidence. Please help

Thats an odd one, could be your ECU relay at a guess :?

does it happen at idle or when your driving or both?

the cutting out can happen at idle or at 80mph. Also i used to have a stage 3 chip from tt in there, and when it was in ,the idle would dip really hard down to 400rpm and then jump back up every few minutes.if you were driving you would be lunged forward every few minutes as it hesitated then back to snapping your neck.I removed that chip, but it might be related?maybe