Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

312's on 4 stud hubs?

I will be requiring more stopping power, when I finally get the turbo done and I was wondering if it is possible to fit 312 discs with 288 calipers onto 4 stud hubs? I've seen it possible to use Seat Leon brembo calipers and 312s on a G60, and also 312's with 288 calipers onto a VR, but was wondering what other calipers I could use on 4 stud hubs??

The Brembo 305mm disks + 4-pot callipers can be found on German Ebay for pretty good prices still! You just have to be patient and wait for them to come up!

The Brembo 305mm disks + 4-pot callipers can be found on German Ebay for pretty good prices still! You just have to be patient and wait for them to come up!

Hmmm might be little steap for me, but I'll check it out...

I'd imagine the carriers and callipers will fit, but I think the 312mm VAG disks are only 5-stud.

Are the early Leon cupra's not 4-stud then? If so can the calipers be used with those discs?

Ibiza 4 stud 305mm

Leon 5 stud 312mm

The leon has slightly larger calipers i believe.

Can the ibiza 4-stud discs be used with the 288 calipers then?? And I suppose the real question is would they fit under my schmorbets??

I dont know about the caliper to disc question but the clearance issue is the width of the caliper, they will fit 16's but may hit the back of the wheel face, on my old 17" 5 spokes they needed spacing out 8mm and they had a quite forgiving design so it will be close and most likely not fit at a guess without spacers.

bump.

Personally I'd be tempted to hang out for some ibiza 305s, that'll make disk and pad changes easier in the future with OE parts.

bump.

Personally I'd be tempted to hang out for some ibiza 305s, that'll make disk and pad changes easier in the future with OE parts.

Agree and get some 2 piece discs, but mega money.

Im happy with my brakes for general driving, they do fade slightly on standard discs and pads but they take a while to do so, its not instant.