Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Strange whining noise when accelerating

only very slight, hard to notice, but its when your driving hard and the "growl" kicks in, you can hear a slight whine, thats the only way i can describe it really

sounds like its 100% do with the engine

bit vague really, some chap i gave a lift to the other week said he could hear my fuel injection something making a noise? i couldn't hear anything tho and ignored him

Mine made some kind of noise like you described couldnt tell you what it was though cos had the chains done and the head rebuilt and no noise now!

ive started to notice the same on mine, its kinda like a turbo spooling up but without the turbo lol.

gearbox?

dont think so mate, but il have another listen tomorow, it doesnt always do it on mine just now and again, but i do have problems getting reverse.

ive started to notice the same on mine, its kinda like a turbo spooling up but without the turbo lol.

I had the same sound about year ago, slight whistle that raised in pitch with engine revs could only hear it when outside the car. Mine turned out to be a leaky ISV damper

only very slight, hard to notice, but its when your driving hard and the "growl" kicks in, you can hear a slight whine, thats the only way i can describe it really

I had the same problem - it turned out to be my girlfriend. I got rid of her and now everything's back to normal.

lol at ^^^ ! It could have been the isv mine got cleaned up when chains got done so good place to start there!

i did notice that something on the rear of engine sounds quite hissy at idle, not sure if its related.

could well be chain related as i've not had those looked at yet

i wish it was a GF :lol:

My (new) fuel pump makes that sound. It makes a whirring sound at idle then it goes up at the same time as the revs. No matter how hard I cane the car it still makes that noise. It sounds quite sweet though, I like to pretend i'm mad max in the intercerptor, with the blower at full tilt, and Tina Turner on the chase. Now and then. When i'm on my own. Y'know. 8)