Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Off the shelf 1.8T Parts?

Ok something been bouncing about for a while... and one question comes up..

Are there any 1.8T conversion parts available off the shelf that make an install easier?

I'm thinking things like downpipes.. Waterpipes etc. ?

You'll need one of there ECU's as well or you can run factory management.

I'm running a QPE setup on mine and it's really good.

Cool well that's two of the big hurdles cleared then..

Do their loom get round the ECU issues too? Immob/Clocks/keys etc...

Why not use 1 of the earlier 20v ECU's that can be decoded?

When i spoke to Jabba about the 20v going in my car, even Elton said use the standard management even though i have the standalone Haltech, and he suggested the 1 that can be decoded.

So that way you can have perfect running with all the VAG sensors for VAG-COM and as far as i remember you dont need the keys ignition etc.

But i dont know which year or engines those came from.

All i can suggest is look into the AGU's, they're the best for tuning as they have the big port head and the early throttle cable and not DBW for even more ease of installation.

Also im sure if you get a decoded 1 you could use it on any engine but with a poss remap due to the different 20vt options depending on what engine you choose, seen people selling them and quite cheaply as well so if you could pick up an engine cheap enough, get an decoded ECU and a loom you should be cooking with gas.

Why not use 1 of the earlier 20v ECU's that can be decoded?

When i spoke to Jabba about the 20v going in my car, even Elton said use the standard management even though i have the standalone Haltech, and he suggested the 1 that can be decoded.

So that way you can have perfect running with all the VAG sensors for VAG-COM and as far as i remember you dont need the keys ignition etc.

But i dont know which year or engines those came from.

Mines a late AUQ DBW ECU and mines been de-transpondered! AFAIK You can de-transponder any VAG ecu, Although Revo will charge you lots of money! I have the number of the Loom Guy standing by...... :lol: