pete_griff

Request for an anti-roll bar pic...

Hey there everyone - i will shortly be putting my car back together, but in the abscence of having another corrado nearby to look at, i've forgotten which way round the front anti-roll bar goes. it's obviously designed to go on a specific way round and i'm sure i could work it out by measuring it up to the car on the subframe

however to save me the effort of fitting it to the subframe and then lifting the frame into position on the car - if anyone has got a picture of their STANDARD anti-roll bar on the car and could post it just to save me a bit of effort that would be much appreciated.

thanks again

what are the two big uprights? is there anything on these that wears, a useful pic as i'm sure i have something knocking on my front end, could it be something there

The two uprights are: The rear engine mount (closest in pic), and the gearbox mount.

In that pic the wishbones are fitted to the subframe. So the wishbone bushings (red bits). ARB bushings, balljoints and engine mounts will all need replacing due to wear.

That's a G60 one, Pete has a VR6.

Pete, if you look at the G60 one there, the middle part of the ARB that follows the shape of the Subframe needs to point down, otherwise it will hit the exhaust down pipe. Been there, done that :lol:

thats exactly the answer that i was looking for as that was one of the things i didn't photograph when it came off the car - like i said, im sure i would have found out the hard way - same as kev did. saved me a bit of effort there :thumbleft:

thanks very much once again - most appreciated

Be careful with the ARB bushes as it's easy to put those on wrong aswell :lol:

IIRC, the split faces the engine, if it helps. They can be complete pigs to fit. A nice amount of grease helps them 'move' into the right place though.

And yes, I have the T shirt for that one aswell :lol:

thats also useful - cheers again kev

i have got hold of the new metal clamps and bolts that hold the bushes in so hopefully they wont be too bad - also as im such a fan of copper grease i always have loads of the stuff kicking around as well so all should hopefully go "smoothly"!

cheers again

king thread resurrection i know!!

but been searching for a while, because my arb does catch the exhaust down pipe and is not pointing down as kev described, mine is pointing up like in the pic above but is vr6

to rectify this can I take the arb off whilst on the car (without dropping the front axle off completely?) and i presume turn it the other way around and reconnect?