Sign in to follow this  
darrensphatvr6

Please help! Question about my wheels

Whilst your looking i think you should save and post some pics up on here of what shocks you but i dont think you will find a more extreme example than the 1 above.

What gets me is the stretching a 165 onto say a 7" rim etc, i can understand some of the stretches though but only on wide rims so it can run low but not stupidly stretched, sorry Furkz :lol:

I could give you lots of peev's when it comes to peoples views on tyres. I know it's a bit geeky, but it's my job. Certainly, i'm only too pleased if i can help advise people with tyre choices.

But i just can't believe how much some people are prepared to stretch their tyres.

The silly thing is, people can try to give professional advice, yet people still choose to do these things, yet moan when the tyres fail.

I also noticed something else quite scary, someone was actually on about stretching tyre with a width of 155mm onto a 7x15" rim. Not only the safety issue in the stretch itself, but also, the load index would be a lot lower than should be fitted to the car. This WILL invalidate your insurance should anything 'tyre' related cause the car to have an accident.

But if you think a tyre thread will help, i'll gladly set on up?

Whilst your looking i think you should save and post some pics up on here of what shocks you but i dont think you will find a more extreme example than the 1 above.

What gets me is the stretching a 165 onto say a 7" rim etc, i can understand some of the stretches though but only on wide rims so it can run low but not stupidly stretched, sorry Furkz :lol:

SNC00047.jpg

165 on a 7" as seen on a "Certain" show-rado which is painted :camp: (ok Dinkus would love it)

PS.. Holy thread resurrection!

Jeez, how bad is that!!!!!

Ok, for a show car fair enough, but it REALLY is STUPID to run tyres like this on the road!!!! As for the people that do it, muppetts!!!!!