Sign in to follow this  
VR6 South

My Old Corrado on ebay

Don't know if anyone on here is bidding on the red 16v on ebay at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... egory=9873

I owned this car 4 years ago and sold it to fund my VR having only lost 750 pounds in three years of owning the car. A point for thought is that when I sold the car it was showing 120K with full history. Now the car has no history with 140k mmm. The way I could tell it was my Corrado is because I had it re-upholstered, and was therefore easy for me to to spot. I still have some old photos if the new purchaser is out there.

Hm.. I dunno about you, but buying a car with no history is not the kind of risk I would like to take.

It must bug you to have owned the car and kept it up to date with a full history, only for some people in the mean time to possibly clock the car and conveniently lose the history.

I know if I saw my 16v up in similar circumstances i'd be pretty fed up :(

The general consensus of the seller is very good, on Ebay atleast. I'm hoping to view this C today, it looks good and reads well so if I get the chance I'll let you know what it's like.

I sold the car with brand new 100+ silver 16's on it. I originally purchased it from Walker Car Sales in Portsmouth with I think 86k on the clock. Del 68 I hope that you get this Corrado as I would love to think of it being local. I'm only four miles from Emswoth, and also have family there. May be able to sort our a reunion with my old motor :D Also would help to boost the local Corrado population :lol:

That's where my first love affair with the Corrado a started :D

Agree black alloys need to go, mind you there will be no problems with brake dust :lol:

Surely if you were gonna clock a car you'd clock it to something less than 140k? :?

It depends on what the REAL milage is... I got stung by this one when I bought my current G60... I bought it with about 97K on the clock and later found out that the real milage was closer to 210K :shock: I didn't think that the car could have been clocked as it was such a nice looking one after some of the dogs I'd seen. It also handled really well, sounded lovely and went like a rocket! :D

I did get it reasonably cheap though 'cos I pointed out a few bits and bobs that were wrong with it :wink: and knocked a few hundred quid off what was already not a high price... I'm not that bothered about it being clocked now, I know that it has been and that it's never been smashed which is all I'm bothered about now 'cos I'm replacing just about every thing that moves on it anyway! :lol:

Bear in mind that I throw about 20K a year at my C with ease and VR6 South sold this one 4 years ago with 120K, it could well be competing with mine for the highest milage after one high milage user! :shock:

Also, the easiest way to clock a car is just to swap the clocks for another one... If the milage is clocked, then a 141K mile set of clocks is gonna be cheaper to buy than a set with only 60K on them... :?

I wasn't casting doubts upon the seller, just raising it as a point to take into account. The car first came into my hands nearly eight years ago with approx 86K which was high mileage at the time. Mind you it was sweet and cost me very little to run. :)

Martin you are a STAR!!!!!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help this afternoon and as promised we will meet up and the beers are on me!! I think I'm going to go for it. It is definetly one of the cleanest C's I've seen, and I've seen a few, it's the oldest one I've looked at and by far the best. It's a fair price and with the cash left over I should be able to sort out a few things (stereo for one!) And I actually quite liked those black alloys :oops:

Once again, cheers ! Oh and Andi ..... GIVE THIS MAN SOME STARS!!!!!!

It's gone :( for the princely sum of 1715 quid. Sorry that you didn't get it. May your quest for a decent Corrado continue :) If you find any that are not a million miles away, I'm always happy to give it a once over. Thanks for the stars :oops: :oops: Whatever give me a shout when you become a proud owner (or even before) and we'll sort something out. Not that I've anything against Orion Drivers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonder if the new owner is a forum member?