Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

new site up - www.dubland.co.uk - UPDATED 4/2/04

where in norfolk are you? me and kevlar are both norwich boys, if its not too far i wouldnt mind popping over and taking a peek, it looks really really cool

JR Ewing

I live near Fakenham (Kings Lynn side), I'm about 40-50mins from Norwich city center. I'm home this weekend if you want to come and have a banter at the car, not a problem. Let me know.

Von...

I'm hoping to have it road worthy by the summer, not everything will be finished but I don't care, just want to get it on the road. And I will let you guys know when I update the site again.

Ben

i may be going to look at a new car this weekend (a golf, i hope you are not offended!) but if not ill have a work with kevlar and see if he is up for popping over,

cheers mate

biggerbigben, where on earth do you find the time and money to undertake such a project? Don't get me wrong it looks fantastic and I'm sure the end result will be a show stopper, but how much has it cost you so far and how much do expect it to have cost you when you finish?

I'm not going to lie, it has cost a fair amount so far, the turbo etc costing the most! But I've done 99% of the work myself, which helps to keep the cost down and I have been selective on the parts I've obtained. For example the front brake setup although the same as a brembo kit you can purchase for around £600, mine has 330mm discs as opposed to 305mm and mine was a fair bit cheaper..

I work on it nearly every weekend. I should think the final figure would be similar to a basic model golf..at a guess, but mine will be a tad quicker!

Ben