Sign in to follow this  
BILLCOR

HEADLINING, Colours?

No, unfortunately not, but it was the usual dirty beige.

Relatively - I took out the A B and C pillars, the bit between the C pillars, the sunroof and interior light trim, and the sunvisors. If you were to do it all at once it would probably take a good couple of hours. The only bit which I'm still wondering about (and need to do) is the sunroof itself. I really don't want to take it out so I think I will spray it in the car (with loats of sheets everywhere) as there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get it out without disconnecting loads of stuff :(

Relatively - I took out the A B and C pillars, the bit between the C pillars, the sunroof and interior light trim, and the sunvisors. If you were to do it all at once it would probably take a good couple of hours. The only bit which I'm still wondering about (and need to do) is the sunroof itself. I really don't want to take it out so I think I will spray it in the car (with loats of sheets everywhere) as there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get it out without disconnecting loads of stuff :(

Oh yeah i forgot about that bit??? :?

Looks great, does the headlining still feel soft or does the paint harden the texture?

I'm not going to start running my fingers on mine but just curious.

Thanks

Stefan

Looks great, does the headlining still feel soft or does the paint harden the texture?

I'm not going to start running my fingers on mine but just curious.

Thanks

Stefan

Thanks. Just had a quick feel (oo er), and it doesn't feel any different to me.

awesome work, been searching all over (ford and rover forums too :shock: ) to find if anyone has successfully dyed their headlining.

so what paint are you suing to do the headlining fabric itself?

awesome work, been searching all over (ford and rover forums too :shock: ) to find if anyone has successfully dyed their headlining.

It is vinyl/plastic paint supplied by dgarwood on here (see a few posts back and you should find him). I sprayed the headlining directly. Few things I would say - it needs a lot of paint. I used 2 full cans on that and to be honest it could do with another one, to get it really evenly covered. To be honest I don't think any of the varaibility will be visible in the car, but it's down to how much of a perfectionist you are (which I am :lol: :lol: ). Also I haven't done the sunroof yet as I can't get it out of the car - therefore that is going to be fun as it will be sprayed in the car.

It is vinyl/plastic paint supplied by dgarwood on here (see a few posts back and you should find him). I sprayed the headlining directly. Few things I would say - it needs a lot of paint. I used 2 full cans on that and to be honest it could do with another one, to get it really evenly covered. To be honest I don't think any of the varaibility will be visible in the car, but it's down to how much of a perfectionist you are (which I am :lol: :lol: ). Also I haven't done the sunroof yet as I can't get it out of the car - therefore that is going to be fun as it will be sprayed in the car.

looks like ill be needing a good few cans to do my passat estate with its acres of headlining :shock: dgarwood has pmed me but cheers for the info :D

sounds like it could be abit of a mission, but looks alot better

and i miss the black roof of my old polo GT so it will have to be done

do some people already have black ABC pillars as i seem to its just visors and roof id need to do

whose the man i want?!

ive got all black pillar plastics, my issue is that ive got a glass sunroof out of a mk4 passat and the interior slidey cover bit is a slightly different shade of grey (bluey grey rather than beigey grey) so im thinking solution = make it all black :D

Well my resprayed headlining is now in along with all of the trim that I did. Overall I'd say the plastic spray is great for the trim, but it does make the fabric feel slightly rougher and is quiet easily marked. If you don't want the expense and hassle of trimming it in some different fabric then it is a great cheap alternative however. In the end it cost me about £50 to do the A, B, and C pillars, the sunvisors, and all the headlining and sunroof (of which £30 was the headlining and sunroof). Been an experience and the car is sooooo much quieter with all the trim back in.

Hey mate,

can you PM me price and paypal details for 2 cans of black please :)

Andy

Hey mate,

can you PM me price and paypal details for 2 cans of black please :)

Andy

PM'd i also have some 2k clear coat in an arosol 2!! BUMP :D

Still got some left! :D

Can I have a tin of Black please, and I'll be lookin for a discount seeing you highjacked my thread and made a few bob :wink: Paypal?

Can I have a tin of Black please, and I'll be lookin for a discount seeing you highjacked my thread and made a few bob :wink: Paypal?

ha ha! PM'd :D

ha ha! PM'd :D

Payment sent :wink: