Sign in to follow this  
Fanjita

Best Headlights?

Hi all,

I'm looking to get some new lights, front and rear, just wanted peoples opinions.....

ideally i want to improve the light output the current originals produce...which is pitiful right now. I've only really seen the angel eye headlights, and i think theyre kind of borderline chavvy, not to say i haven't ruled them out.

Can i get anyone's opinion on the best headlight assemblies to go for? I will worry about bulbs later, just after a decent set of lights with a good output capability. ill probably stick some smoked or clear lights on the back, my C is dragon green, any pointers on which rear lights look best on that colour??

thanks,

Jim

I'looking at doing exactly the same and I'm the same colour as you too so I'm not much help but I'll watch your answers with enthusiasm :D

i have just been through this choice is virtualy nothing you go oem which is still a load of poop or you go inpros or a substitute called sonar

i have looked around and sonar are allright but was not keen on the plastic front instead of glass plastic tends to craze as do so many headlamps these days

so i went for the inpros they are fantastic quality as good as oem if not better

i do not like the angel eyes but they are not that bright , i went for the black ones they look a lot better the chrome looks to flashy for me ,the light output was fantastic and a nice crisp pattern being projectors

and put in hids and they are fantastic

back lights its totaly up to you there is a reasonable selection

hope my ranting helps

:D

I dunno, the chrome ones in my opinion look less obvious then the black one. The black ones look as though you just havent painted them to match the body colour yet.

I dunno, the chrome ones in my opinion look less obvious then the black one. The black ones look as though you just havent painted them to match the body colour yet.

its a case of what you like i am just not a chrome person , but each to there own my cars moonlight blue so they match really well to me any way and we all only have to like our own cars otherwise whats the point

:)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62590#p731307

there is some pictured here for an idea you either love em or hate em

I was browing German eBay and there are some Corrado angel eyes on there advertised as using 'echt Glas', which means 'real glass', so it seems that they are out there.

As far as light output goes, if you haven't fitted a relayed, uprated wiring loom to your lights, OE or otherwise, then do it. The main problem with the Corrado lights isn't the headlight unit, it's the drop in voltage through the original wiring loom which also knackers the headlight switch. Stick an uprated loom and a set of decent bulbs like the Philips +80 ones or the Osram Nightbreakers and you'll get a massive improvement in lighting.

many thanks all, i think i will go for the black angel eyes, they seem to be not too over the top, so i will see.

also, does anyone have any input on what rear lights go well with dragon green?

im considering a set of These cos they look fairly good, what do you all think? will smoked look ok on a green car??

many thanks all, i think i will go for the black angel eyes, they seem to be not too over the top, so i will see.

also, does anyone have any input on what rear lights go well with dragon green?

im considering a set of These cos they look fairly good, what do you all think? will smoked look ok on a green car??

i have a set of these the smoke is not to dark and the leds are really bright , fit really well to nicely made

Ooooooooh I like the look of them, think I might need me some of those. Not sure about the Chrome or black Inpro lights though, black a bit dark, chrome a bit bling, don't they do kinds "non chrome"? Sorry for the thread hijack dude...

Rich

Fanjita i got a set of them from ebay for £93 inc postage. Exactly the same.

Edit - Ah theyre LEDs though. was going to get those before but wasnt sure what the LEDs would look like on a rado. Though they were the same price.

it's cool Ritchy, in all honesty i think you've only got chrome or matt black in pros, the only other thing i would suggest is to paint them.

it should be fairly straight forward to dismantle and spray, but dont hold me to that. I agree those rear lights are sold, they look pretty decent and have LEDs so good to look at and long lasting, as i mentioned, it'll be the smoked ones, anyone got any pics of smoked rear lights on a dragon green VR? cheers

it's cool Ritchy, in all honesty i think you've only got chrome or matt black in pros, the only other thing i would suggest is to paint them.

it should be fairly straight forward to dismantle and spray, but dont hold me to that. I agree those rear lights are sold, they look pretty decent and have LEDs so good to look at and long lasting, as i mentioned, it'll be the smoked ones, anyone got any pics of smoked rear lights on a dragon green VR? cheers

Inpros ..there really easy to dismantle and as for outright light output they are great they make the oems look like candles in comparison ,then uprate the loom more light and also hids in them and they are better than the last car i had with factory hid lights , there is no glare to other road users at all as the projector in the inpros as with all projectors they use a plate for the cut off so its perfect also i would say the quality of inpros are as good as if not better than oem very impressed ,good alround package and worth every penny the second best safety mod i have done after tt wiper conversion :D

Black angel eyes for the front and these would look amazing on a green C IMO...

Also, if you're thinking about doing an HID conversion too then check this sellers ebay shop out for the lowest price HID's I've seen! Just ordered a set of the H7's for the Leon and have only heard good things about the performance from other members on seatcupra.net 8)

This ones for R1chy99. Had my rear lights smoked from a guy in St.Just. Just gave him a set of original lights in exchange and £15!! Bargain! They look really good, had them a year now and no fading. Not too chav either.