Sign in to follow this  
Gangstarr

My Rado

Its only a 1.8 16v , but its had anything its neaded new rear disks , stub axles & wheels bearings , brand new steering rack , just put a newish engine in that had done 83,000 mine had 120,000 on and headgasket went when i leant it to a so called m8 never again... , new engine mounts new set of boge gas shox . Ive just broke engine in done about 1500 miles and its not loosing any oil and pulls like it should , i service it every couple of month give her an oil change new air filter oil filter etc .Ive just put a new grill on 3 slat and ime gunna get some new lights next and a set of poly-bushes ,anyone know best place for bushes & lights ?

FK and Inpro do the lights and there are loads of people selling them.

VW bushes or upgraded to poly bushes?

Well you need to look at my thread mate, it was a G60 so i cant say what an 8v feels like, and its turbo'd now, but to answer the question i think all rados like 3rd gear, it can be really docile at low revs depending on gear used and once it reaches 3000-3200rpm its on full 1.5 bar boost so really shifts then.

Yeah I realised after ide posted that , I looked at your car and read some of the spec other day when i was browsing the gallery , very nice car indeed some top pics aswell , i definatley think less is more when it comes to asthetics and the more going on under the bonnet the better .