Sign in to follow this  
__Andy__

FK Automotive Konigsport Coilovers

would a set of FK Automotive Konigsport Coilovers from a mk2 golf fit my 1990 16v?

if so as they are second hand what do you think is a good price?

cheers andy

there up for £350. im pretty sure they are £545 new, sounds a good deal. will try to knock him down a bit if they deffo fit..

I wouldn't pay much unless they are in very good condition of a low mileage car...

My 5 year old ones (60k miles) look like they are about to fall apart...

I have some FK AK Coilvers coming off in a day or two, only done 1k miles, no one spot of rust. Probabaly arround £200

I have some FK AK Coilvers coming off in a day or two, only done 1k miles, no one spot of rust. Probabaly arround £200

any more info? are they height and/or rebound adjustable?

what would they lower the car by? and do you have any pics?

cheers andy

They have fixed damping, but are height adjustable.

Will have some pics up soon, as I plan to remove them tonight. Not 100% but I think they are heaight adjustable up to either 60 or 90mm.

here are some pics after I had just fitted the shocks:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40635&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

Only managed 1k miles as I started my 4x4 conversion shortly after, and later leanred they wouldn't fit the 4x4 drivetrain Dohh!!!

Like I said I will get some pics up ASAP.

They have fixed damping, but are height adjustable.

Will have some pics up soon, as I plan to remove them tonight. Not 100% but I think they are heaight adjustable up to either 60 or 90mm.

here are some pics after I had just fitted the shocks:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40635&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

Only managed 1k miles as I started my 4x4 conversion shortly after, and later leanred they wouldn't fit the 4x4 drivetrain Dohh!!!

Like I said I will get some pics up ASAP.

am i right in syaing that these are fixed height on the rear?

They are adjustable all round.

Here is a pic of the actual shocks, before I installed them, will get some new pics up tonight (very late)

3.jpg[/attachment:1rta08nv]

I can only compare to the statndard muck, but it was a 100% improvement. Peeps go on about the ride quality etc with coilovers but compared to the tired setup I had this was a massive improvement.

fter installing the shcoks I also coated the threads with bike chain wax so there are no rusted or seized threads what so ever.

All in all great shocks, if I didn't have to sell I would have defo kept them. In fact when replacing I treied to get a set of FK AKs to fit a Rallye or Syncro but FK don't make any :(

I know they are only FKs budget coilovers but they do the job great. They have a very solid feel and build, I think the bumpstops are poly as well.

Think there are very few people who will slate the FK AKs, unlike some of FKs more expensive setups.

I can only compare to the statndard muck, but it was a 100% improvement. Peeps go on about the ride quality etc with coilovers but compared to the tired setup I had this was a massive improvement.

fter installing the shcoks I also coated the threads with bike chain wax so there are no rusted or seized threads what so ever.

All in all great shocks, if I didn't have to sell I would have defo kept them. In fact when replacing I treied to get a set of FK AKs to fit a Rallye or Syncro but FK don't make any :(

I know they are only FKs budget coilovers but they do the job great. They have a very solid feel and build, I think the bumpstops are poly as well.

Think there are very few people who will slate the FK AKs, unlike some of FKs more expensive setups.

ok buddy sounds good to me...

only other thing is how hard are they to fit? ill be fitting them myself as i resent paying out money for sumthing i can do myself

only other thing is how hard are they to fit? ill be fitting them myself as i resent paying out money for sumthing i can do myself

Rears are a piece of p*ss

Fronts are easier than standard as you don't need a spring compressor - Pretty easy if you have the right tool, you will need slotted socket to tighten the spring caps, and when tightening the main nut (from the engine bay, you will need a socket set such as Halfords vortex etc. As you need to tighten the nut but keep the center still (using an allen key) at the same time)

Rears are a piece of p*ss

Fronts are easier than standard as you don't need a spring compressor - Pretty easy if you have the right tool, you will need slotted socket to tighten the spring caps, and when tightening the main nut (from the engine bay, you will need a socket set such as Halfords vortex etc. As you need to tighten the nut but keep the center still (using an allen key) at the same time)

thats music to my ears...let me know when they are for sale, will there be much movement on the £200?

thats music to my ears...let me know when they are for sale, will there be much movement on the £200?

I will get some pics up before I comment :lol:

I will get some pics up before I comment :lol:

ok dude, look 4ward to the pics

Here are some pics.....they speak for themselves, just covered in a bit of wax and dirt, I can say 100% that there is not one spot of rust on them!. Gave them a bit of a wipe last night and they clean up fine. Also included is a set of C spanners and I managed to find a set of slutted nuts that I never used.

If your intrested please let me know asap. I did want to include P&P in the price but I need to check how much its going to be (in case its something stupid), else collection is always an option (I am in MK, nr M1 junc 13/14)

Corrado92.pdf1.JPG[/attachment:2ovwn3nx]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf2.JPG[/attachment:2ovwn3nx]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf3.JPG[/attachment:2ovwn3nx]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf4.JPG[/attachment:2ovwn3nx]

5.JPG[/attachment:2ovwn3nx]