Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Aldi + motoring bargains

Mate of mine showed me that earlier! 8)

Think I'll buy one of each come Thur! Bought a couple of things there before and I cant fault the quality of the stuff (especially at the price!! :shock: )

i bought a trolley jack a while back from lidl and its still in the box lol

think ill be getting a new creeper and sum stands, bargains and with a 3 year warranty, just cant go wrong! 8)

Would steer clear of those axle stands though...

They will be GS/TUV approved, so cant be too bad!

Reason is I have some, and I have used them once only. Know use Halfords ones which are rated the same but the difference in build is unbelieavble (only another £5)

Also as you probably have encountered, when jacking the front end up, if you have the other side on a stand it has a tendency to walk (not good on something that is designed to fold and is only secured by a puny spilt pin.)

My 2ps worth

it's in as a dent 'improver'...so prob trying to cover themselves for when it doesn't do a great job getting rid of your dent!

Could be worth a try though...and if it doesn't work you get a hot glue gun out of it anyway!

Would steer clear of those axle stands though...

Blimey :shock: Dont say that! There holding up my corrado without a rear axle beam at the moment with me underneath Shortly :) I bought some of these bits last year when they had this same offer on I also bought the swiveling seat and the car creeper and there pretty good quality to be fair

Also as you probably have encountered, when jacking the front end up, if you have the other side on a stand it has a tendency to walk (not good on something that is designed to fold and is only secured by a puny spilt pin.)

I have a pair from the last time they were on special.

They are fine on flat surfaces, but as they are designed to support the car on the middle pole, with the three legs acting to stabilise they are RUBBISH on slightly uneven surfaces as only 2 legs may be in contact and they move about a bit.

I'd buy some like this next time:

763620.jpg

I've found all Aldi stuff is really high quality for the price.

I was considering some axle stands and a car creeper for the price.

But then again i bet for £6 you could buy some proper old skool massive ones from a old geeza, you ones made from steel girders :lol: