Sign in to follow this  
Trakx

G60 NEED HELP - 5300-6000 rpm flatspot

Need some help here.

The problem is that around 5300 rpm the car loses power until around 6000 rpm.

My g60 is turbo (Garret GT2560R known as GT28R), i

Cant test mine at the moment as am in work, I know the last time I check it was 14.2v

am sure the alt voltage should be 14+ volts with engine running or the ECU has problems.

I also have a bit of a flat spot at 5500rpm but only very quickly its gone by 5800rpm just causes

a slight hesatation when flooring it, most odd :-(

Yes, AFR figures are way to rich. Target AFR should be around 11.8:1 on full boost really. I always see the best results in tearms of power when this figure ismaintained whist I'm remaping a car. The Map sensor really needs to be upgraded if you are hitting over 1 bar of boost as the ISV will bleed off boost and the ignition advance trimmed back. This has nothing to do with the infomation on the chip and is a simple switched failsafe circuit that trips in when the Map sensor hits 5v voltage

The rallye ECU being abe to cope with more boost/bigger map sensor is a phalicy.

I always reconfigure the wide open throttle switch actuation with turbo lumps running Digifant. The wide open throttle switch as stock is actuated when the throttle is wide open and BRV shut. This is fine with a supercharged lump as there is always boost there at WOT. Things are slightly different with a turbo lump as you got wide open throttle, but there is no boost until the turbo is actually spooled, so the ECU is seeing no boost on the map sensor but is throwing in fuel as it anticipates boost at WOT as the throttle switch is actuated. This creates a massive rich point in the transition leading to a very laggie power delivery an a car that is prettymuch impossible to map. I get around this by disconnecting the OE config and actuating WOT switch via a pressure switch. This provides as stable and realistic feed back of info to the ECU.

Beavis - That was the most interesting info that i've read in a long time.

Althought i've been told that this "This has nothing to do with the infomation on the chip and is a simple switched failsafe circuit that trips in when the Map sensor hits 5v voltage" doesn't exist.

Well i suppouse that if the ignition was trimmed back a fixed value along rpm than it could be that total igntion tim = mapped ignit - Trimmed back value ?!

Are you using a target afr 11.8:1 for G60 or G40?

From my experience the g60 likes leaner afr's. Started with 10:1 it actually drowed the engine ( i think ignition system is not up to the task)

when i got to 11:1 i started seeing some diferences, at 12:1 the car really woke up, now i'm at 11.8:1 at torque rpm and 12.2:1 at power rpm. I