Sign in to follow this  
dwhatley

Looking for reg no. 911 DPW (it's on a Corrado)

I'm looking for the person that owns the registration number 911 DPW (my car & my initials)

The registration number is currently assigned to a 1995 Corrado VR6

If this is your registration number, please drop me an email through the forum

If you know who owns this registration number, please let them know that I am interested in buying it...

(This is a genuine request, and is not road-rage related!!!)

Thank you for your help

Dave

According to the DVLA site, its a Blue Corrado and its been sorned, could be hiding in a garage somewhere, possibly someone in the forces, in jail? :lol:

Yep... The SORN declaration is due to expire in 2 weeks.

Hopefully the owner will either put the car on the road or scrap it and sell the plate... Fingers crossed it's the latter!

I've been chasing this plate for 3 years. Very nearly bought it in the spring of 2005, but I was driving a Boxster at the time and decided it was better to wait until I got a 911... Changed the car in September 2005, but the plate had been withdrawn from sale

Cheers

Dave

Yep... The SORN declaration is due to expire in 2 weeks.

Hopefully the owner will either put the car on the road or scrap it and sell the plate... Fingers crossed it's the latter!

I've been chasing this plate for 3 years. Very nearly bought it in the spring of 2005, but I was driving a Boxster at the time and decided it was better to wait until I got a 911... Changed the car in September 2005, but the plate had been withdrawn from sale

Cheers

Dave

Careful... if you start wishing openly on this forum that people would just scrap thier Corrados you may run out of friends !

Careful... if you start wishing openly on this forum that people would just scrap thier Corrados you may run out of friends !

It's be SORN for 2 years, so perhaps it's a big project or maybe just being used for parts ???

I wouldn't wish "scrapping" on any German car :?

Don't plates have to be transfered whilst the donor vehicle has a valid MOT?. If it's scrapped with the plate still registered to it the plate dies along with the car. I may be wrong but thought I'd read this somewhere at some time.

If it's scrapped with the plate still registered to it the plate dies along with the car. I may be wrong but thought I'd read this somewhere at some time.

I think this rule may have been relaxed due to people losing valuable cherished numbers

If it's scrapped with the plate still registered to it the plate dies along with the car. I may be wrong but thought I'd read this somewhere at some time.

I think this rule may have been relaxed due to people losing valuable cherished numbers

He may be right, I won a plate on Ebay, G60 TTT, it was on an old Renault 19, the guy lost the current MOT and the car didn't have a hope in hell of passing another without spending a lot of cash, the sale did not go through and the car was scrapped :? would have been a bloody good plate for £142 :(