Sign in to follow this  
heyzy

VR wont start when Engine is warm

My 95 VR6 has developed a very annoying fault. It starts everytime first time when i first run it but when i stop and try and start it again it sometimes wont start,Turns over but nothing happens. I can eventually get it to start and i know when it will just by turning the ignition on. When it wont start the fuel pump continuously runs but when it will start i can hear it run for a few seconds then it stops like its reached pressure then it starts. Its also cut out on me a couple of times in the last few weeks with the same fault. Has anyone got any ideas. Cheers

My 95 VR6 has developed a very annoying fault. Its also cut out on me a couple of times in the last few weeks with the same fault. Has anyone got any ideas. Cheers

Hi

try a fuel pump relay from a m8s vr6. Also, when was the ignition switch last changed ?

Not a big job changing the sensor, but it's very expensive, so you don't wanna be changing it unless you're sure it'll fix the problem. Take the car to a decent auto electrician and they should be able to diagnose the sensor is faulty with an oscilloscope. Essentially they tend to lose resolution when they get warm *anyway* and as the magnet in it loses strength this loss of resolution becomes more pronounced until you get where you are now: hiccups while driving then ultimately the engine will stall and will refuse to restart until the block cools down a little.

If this is too much hassle then start with the other things suggested above: ECU relay and ignition switch. The crank sensor is ~£140 so it may be worth ruling out the cheap stuff first.