Sign in to follow this  
PROVR6

ISV location on VR6

Sorry i ahvent got a pic, but the ISV is located towards the back ofthe engine under the rear black engine cover. You can see teh pipes and black silencer fitted to it. It is housed in a thick rubber collar and looks somewhat like a smallish coke can. I'm sure someone will be along who can show you a picture of it. When you clean it, make sure you lubricate it and then pul;se some power toit to ensure te flap movement is smooth and without noise. Definitely dont just clean it and refit.

Still Unsure of where my ISV is; anyone got a pic? Is it easy to disconnect or do other things have to be removed to get to it? Cheers Mark

You are best off removing the rear HT lead guide. Just unplug the leads and use an allen key to undo the two bolts. 1 minute job :) Then the ISV will be revealed in all it's glory, as described above. Really easy to remove, however if it's never been off before, it will have the awkward clips on that you have to get off with a screwdriver. Have some jubilees handy to replace them with ;) It's just a question of taking off the hoses, unplugging the electrical connection and sliding out of the rubber collar.