Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Heated driver's side mirror doesn't clear

As i have only just found out that i ahve heated mirros and have noticed that the drivers side doesn't clear.

Anyone got any ideas about what to fix and how easy it is.

The car is a 1992 G60

Beavis

I think most C's were fitted with heated door mirrors and heated washers in the bonnet. My mirrors don't work as the circuit board behind the glass has an element which corrodes and burns out easily. Think its not too tough to remedy but quite expensive for the bit.

dave0280, yup, you're correct... If your C had electric mirrors (and I think that they all did) then they are heated. They are controlled by the same circuit as the rear screen, as are the heated washer jet nozzles, so they only come on when the rear screen is switched on... The elements sometimes burn out, especially if someone's left the rear window switched on for ages... :?

BeavisJem, you could have a non oem stick on mirror, that is stuck onto the oem mirror, thus not getting heated cos its trying to heat the old glass and the new stuck to it.

I had the same problem myself- The power feed to the mirror gets corroded and you lose the circuit. The glass itself is easy to prise off but be very careful when disconnecting the wires- the terminals on the mirror side are very fragile and can snap off (Iknow because thats what I did :oops: , I haven't dared to ask how much a replacement is yet :( )

Cheers

, I haven't dared to ask how much a replacement is yet :( )

Cheers

they're about £40> +vat from your local VW dealer and IIRC one side is slightly dearer than the other :?