Sign in to follow this  
corrado 16v

help 20L 16v running problem

can you please help me with my corrado 20L 16v. ive only had it 4 months, my problem is sometimes when i go 2 accelerate the engine doesnt seem to respond or rev and feels like its going to stall but doesnt and then adventualy picks up speed and has loads of flat spots. i had it serviced on the 15th and cam belt done its been worse sence then. does any one have any ideas please.

ok it could be a few things but heres the list for you to check...

air intake system is leaking, eg has a split in it

could be the volume air flow sensor(VAF) its on the air box under the round rubber air intake. its a flappy metal disc that moves up and down...could need cleaning or is sticking.

sticking throttle or a dodgy throttle position sensor.

fuel pump dodgy/ more likely a blocked fuel filter though...situated under the drivers side of car infront of rear wheel...(its a cylinder looking thing..if you just had a service it should be new looking)

Try those for starts mate it gets more technical from here on in..lol welcome to valver world.....always a new problem!

If its bogging down my first instinct would be to check for water down the plug holes or in the distributor. If it's happening at a certain rev then it is more than likely ignition/spark related.

Either that or they ballsed up the cam change and its a couple of teeth out...but on a valver i would expect that to cause a fluent problem throughout the rev range....

thanx for your ideas but tis now back fireing at times and i found oil on a spark plug the on next to cam belt but only on ceramic side im really gutted as its my first corrado and i love it but cant draive now please please help!!!

Check (or get someone you trust to check)the mechanical timing.

I've come across too many cars that have been running for years with the cambelt a tooth (or even more) out.

Bottom (crankshaft) pulley also needs to be checked for tightness.