Sign in to follow this  
joby

Caliper Repair Kit

Does anyone know how to remove the pistons out of the rear calipers on a 16v and the front G60 ones as iv`e bought some repair kits and im dreading stripping them :shock: Any Help would be appreciated :)

Not done them on Corrado but i have used two methods. If they are not stuck in too hard attach foot pump and blow out with air ( could use airline but watch how fast they come out!). If really stuck attach grease gun to caliper and push out with grease. Will need to clean well afterwards though

Good luck

Fronts - Use an airline, if the piston is half way out you might be able to pull it out.

Rears - You need the rewind tool, makes removal and fitting of piston a doddle

Cheers Guys! Bought the rewind tool from halfords £19.99, You cant do this job properly without this tool and believe me what an ar***ole of a job to do the stupid dust seal over the piston is a nightmare to replace :o Lost my temper and tipped a tin of brake fluid everywhere :lol: Should of just bought some new calipers instead of being a tite ars! and to top it of after taking my time to repaint the calipers with black engine enamel i decided to laquer them and it only stripped all the paint off them!! And my new discs never turned up after them promising to deliver them today AARRGHHH

RANT Over :lol:

Cheers Guys! Bought the rewind tool from halfords £19.99, You cant do this job properly without this tool and believe me what an ar***ole of a job to do the stupid dust seal over the piston is a nightmare to replace :o Lost my temper and tipped a tin of brake fluid everywhere :lol: Should of just bought some new calipers instead of being a tite ars! and to top it of after taking my time to repaint the calipers with black engine enamel i decided to laquer them and it only stripped all the paint off them!! And my new discs never turned up after them promising to deliver them today AARRGHHH

RANT Over :lol:

Have you seen the price of refrubed callipers?? LOL

Plus its satisfying rebuilding your own. Fronts are easier.