Sign in to follow this  
leadfoot

HELP! electrical fuel cutoff on 2L 16v

HI lads,

Got an urgent problem - am 130 miles form where i am supposed to be! problem is that i have fuel to the metering head but not to the injectors. It goes in but won't come out. Fuel goes to air flow meter (the one that has pipe back into the air box) and fuel pump working fine. This only happens intermittently - once it starts it seems to keep going, but then you stop it and it may or may not start again - Is there a particular place i should be looking for something electrical that cuts the fuel to the injectors....this is driving me mad! Trying to get car back home so bypass solution welcome!

thanks

HI lads,

Got an urgent problem - am 130 miles form where i am supposed to be! problem is that i have fuel to the metering head but not to the injectors. It goes in but won't come out. Fuel goes to air flow meter (the one that has pipe back into the air box) and fuel pump working fine. This only happens intermittently - once it starts it seems to keep going, but then you stop it and it may or may not start again - Is there a particular place i should be looking for something electrical that cuts the fuel to the injectors....this is driving me mad! Trying to get car back home so bypass solution welcome!

thanks

Got home lads. Left car sit for half hour and then tried again....vrrrummmm. Runs perfectly once she is going :-) Still no idea what the problem is. Only other thing I can add is that the ABS light is staying on (but then that has been happening on and off for 6 months) - anyone come across this before? Any advice welcome - disconnecting sensors around the fuel metering head doesn't help.

Update - still have the problem. It's a lottery if it starts or not. Does not seem affected by whether engine is cold or hot. Just won't kick at all one time and then will start no probelm the next.

Any suggestions welcome. What I have tried..

Checking all the wiring to sensors and can't find anything amiss

Checked that ISV microswich is working

Checked for air leaks in piping to throttle body

checked what i think is the potentiometer (front of air box at cockpit side) - the swtiched opening the valves on wither side of this appear to be opening correctly with ignition.

thanks