Sign in to follow this  
Heardy

Anyone on here owned an Audi S4?

As above really i used to own a very nice Corrado VR6 until i sold it a year or so ago :(

Now driving a Mitsubishi galant VR4 (26O Bhp) until i find something else........

Been looking at the 2.5 twin turbo S4's but just wondering how reliable they are and also do they feel alot quicker than the VR's.

Any help appreciated

Jason

i considered getting one of these a while ago, but i then looked at the servicing costs, new disc and pads can be expensive as can most of the other bits. I think G60BV has one too. apparently the power is delivered a lot smoother than you would think/hope!

The galant that i've got a the moment is a 2.5 24v V6 twin turbo (260 bhp) has very smooth power delivery so maybe it will just be the same...

I just need something with some real grunt.

Missus is fancying something like an M3 (E36 Version though) prefer Evo version if i could find a decent original one.....

hi

i owned one and sold it about 3 months ago there great cars and really nice to drive mine was mrc chipped which gave it 320bhp and was very reliable , 60 came up in about 5 secs and i did see 165 mph not bad for a family car and suprised a lot of people , the down side is there very complicated, the engines are solid they use a 2.7 v6 quad cam 30v with variable valve timing and of course 2 K03 turbos , if you were buying one get a face lift model also if its had a K04 turbo conversion all the better and also the earlier cars had a problem with internal heatshield in the manifold breaking up ,turbos are fairly easy job on most cars but the v6 s4 needs the engine out to do so which is around a 30 hour job hence if its already been done all the better ,otherwise you could see anything upto 3k dissapearing all this is why i sold the car but it was a fantastic car if you need more info go on the RS246 forum and have a look in there

it did put a big grin on my face every time i drove it

so does the vr but its different , the s4 was a fantastically quick car

ps. i miss the power

hi

i owned one and sold it about 3 months ago there great cars and really nice to drive mine was mrc chipped which gave it 320bhp and was very reliable , 60 came up in about 5 secs and i did see 165 mph not bad for a family car and suprised a lot of people , the down side is there very complicated, the engines are solid they use a 2.7 v6 quad cam 30v with variable valve timing and of course 2 K03 turbos , if you were buying one get a face lift model also if its had a K04 turbo conversion all the better and also the earlier cars had a problem with internal heatshield in the manifold breaking up ,turbos are fairly easy job on most cars but the v6 s4 needs the engine out to do so which is around a 30 hour job hence if its already been done all the better ,otherwise you could see anything upto 3k dissapearing all this is why i sold the car but it was a fantastic car if you need more info go on the RS246 forum and have a look in there

it did put a big grin on my face every time i drove it

so does the vr but its different , the s4 was a fantastically quick car

ps. i miss the power

Thanks for your reply Paul.

Carrying out any repairs isnt to much of an issue as i'm in motortrade,but then again i dont want to be buying something thats going to give me loads of headaches........

I shall have a look at RS246 forum

Jason