Sign in to follow this  
mk1g60

exhaust manifold gasket

hi all, i have a 4 branch tsr stainless manifold and stainless system sitting in the garage ready to be fitted to the g60,

would a new standard manifold gasket be the one i need to buy or would there be a specific one from tsr needed?

i appreciate that this is a bit of a newb question but ive never fitted an exhaust before, mate of mine will be fitting it for me and i need to just be able to leave him with the car, exhaust and manifild gasket at short notice when he wont be busy.

cheers, karl.

i will be buying a new one, was pretty sure it would be a stock gasket for this manifold, but its always good to get a bit of confirmation from you guys on here as theres always folks here that have been there before when doing jobs on their corrado's.

would main stealers be the best bet or is there somewhere that will have the gasket on the shelf? (or gaskets as im guessing it will be 4 individual bits as opposed to 1 big bit)

hi all, i have a 4 branch tsr stainless manifold and stainless system sitting in the garage ready to be fitted to the g60,

would a new standard manifold gasket be the one i need to buy or would there be a specific one from tsr needed?

i appreciate that this is a bit of a newb question but ive never fitted an exhaust before, mate of mine will be fitting it for me and i need to just be able to leave him with the car, exhaust and manifild gasket at short notice when he wont be busy.

cheers, karl.

tell your m8 to be v careful with the studs just put a racceland manifold on myself 3 studs snapped head off job :shocked!:

he will need to remove drivers driveshaft and maybe the inlet manifold too otherwise you cant 'snake' it in.

tell your m8 to be v careful with the studs just put a racceland manifold on myself 3 studs snapped head off job :shocked!:

he will need to remove drivers driveshaft and maybe the inlet manifold too otherwise you cant 'snake' it in.

i have 100% faith in the bloke, he replaced the shells in the bottom end, and fitted a new clutch for me towards the end of last year. cheers for the heads up though

whats the verdict on these tsr manifolds anyhow? would have ideally bought a manifold and exhaust from Darren, but this manifold and system was cheap and local so i couldnt say no 8)