Sign in to follow this  
jonny-5

Clutch bleeding problem

I decided that it would be a good idea to bleed my clutch yesterday.

So I connected an easy bleed to the nipple on the slave cylinder and opened it, pressed the pedal down smoothly, did the nipple back up and then pulled the pedal back up. Ensuring at all times that the fluid reservoir was full. I have done this about 5 times now and the clutch bite point is rather low and the is a few mm's of free travel in the pedal before it feels like it's doing something. On the road the gear changes a are notchy indicating that the clutch is not disengaging fully.

Anyone know what I have done wrong or how to go abouts bleeding the master cylinder?

Hmm - are you using Gunsons Eezi-Bleed???

If so you should only be sticking a pipe on the slave for the waste... you need to pressurise from the fluid res - this is the easiest way to do it...

The other way is with 2 people, one pressing the pedal while the nipple is open, then pulling it back up after it's closed and so on...

press it down and hold it down then open the nipple and close it,try to stamp on the padal fast then repet what i said. also wedge the pedal down overnight this works well and some cars.

I think it's a gunsons easy bleed, it's just a pipe with a non-return valve on one end. It's not so bad now, there's just a slight bit of seemingly free travel as you push down. It quite drivable and hasn't crunched any gears yet so i think i'll leave it for a bit - see how it goes.