Sign in to follow this  
vdubCorrado

it was nice in my city and i had some time to kill... pics..

so it was nice out in Baltimore, Maryland and i had a few hours before i was going out last night so i went into town and took a few pics... it only cost me $10... or uh... £5 to park in that garage HAHA that sucked... but i got some good pics of the car... she's up for sale so worst case i have nice pictures to remember it by... it's a 90 G60 repainted Imola Yellow, a color off of the 25th anniv. GTI... i enjoy it but it's been taking alot of my money and parts away from finishing my red Corrado race car that from time to time i plan to drive on the street :shock: (3.0L VR6 fully forged bottom end, big valve head, ported, polished, and 3 way valve job all done by Schimmel Performance. i will be severely let down if the car makes less than 600whp...)

P1020154.jpg

P1020152.jpg

P1020153.jpg

P1020155PLATEEDIT.jpg

P1020157.jpg

P1020158.jpg

nice pics! cant wait for spring to get my car back on the street !! 8)

do you have any pics of your red 3.0 VR available ??

nice pics! cant wait for spring to get my car back on the street !! 8)

do you have any pics of your red 3.0 VR available ??

i haven't been taking pics while messing with it even though i should have been... so here was the car closest to being together before i started tearing it down to start building it...

P1000527.jpg

(the crappy exhaust was only temp so it was quiet enough to move in and out of the garage with out the neighbors yelling)

just a picture of me getting started on the interior...

RedRadointeriorstripped.jpg

CorradoWiringandSDSparts.jpg

Kwik Wire universal body wiring so i can replace and hand wire the entire car... the less wire, the less weight, the less weight the faster i go haha... but the SDS EM4F was for the 16vTurbo i have that's fully built but is no longer going in the car... so yeh... i wasn;t ver big on pictrues with it... sorry... when it's finished i'll post up pictures though

Wow how good does the weather look there! Bet it's cold still though!

Do I see "Wood effect panneling" on the red car's dash? :shock:

great project!!

are there some parts of the interior painted red ?? glove box /ash tray i.e.

no, it's a stupid crazy rare dash kit in the states that's a red/black carbon fiber stick on... the guy who had it before me did it and i never wanted to spend the money replacing everything to take it off... so now i am gonna pull all the stuff and is being replaced with carbon fiber pannels i am going to hand lay so i can mount all of my autometer gauges in place cause all of the factory stuff is going including the gauges... it reall should just be a race car but i'm gonna try getting away with street driving it maybe one or two times a month in the summer... cause it's gonna have a cage in it too... thinking 10 point weld in... gonna have a place in another state do it called Performance Fabrications... they make hill climb cars from scratch using snowmobile enignes and do cages in all kinds of race cars...

no, it's a stupid crazy rare dash kit in the states that's a red/black carbon fiber stick on...

Sounds tasteful! :lol:

it's not esp since it hasn't been inproduction since the late 90's... and i think it was rather clear i did not put it on, and the price to replace Corrado parts was and is too riculously priced to bother when i was more concered with my 1.9L lysholm, or the stage 4 G60, or the G60 turbo i had in it... none of my corrado ever have or ever will be my daily driven car haha don't trust them as far as i can spit... i never put more than 4,000 miles on any of them i've owned HAHA

^I might have some interior parts, and I'm in the states! PM me if you need anything and I'll check next time I'm at home. :thumbup:

How do you open your doors?

P1000527.jpg

If it's the same as what I have in my Raddo, there's a solenoid in the doors which pops the door open by using a remote key fob, and also an alternative button located elsewhere in the car in case the key fob fails.

Re. an alternative door handle release - where abouts would it be hidden?

Mine are located under the rear parcel shelf supports meaning I am still able to access the car through the boot with the key. I then press the button and it operates the solenoid as it would from the Key fob. Bit annoying when your battery fails though as you have to climb through the boot and open it from the inside :lol:

Re. an alternative door handle release - where abouts would it be hidden?

Mine are located under the rear parcel shelf supports meaning I am still able to access the car through the boot with the key. I then press the button and it operates the solenoid as it would from the Key fob. Bit annoying when your battery fails though as you have to climb through the boot and open it from the inside :lol:

And watch for the "my car was stolen" thread! :lol:

Ran Solenoid doors on our cal-lookers (aircooled) back in the day, best way round flat batteries was a pair of terminal hidden on the outside that you could plug leads and a battery onto to activate them... no buttons etc

And watch for the "my car was stolen" thread! :lol:

You still need to break into the boot to get to the button :p :lol:

Certainly keeps the lines to the C. clean without door handles, tho I was hoping you were going to say the alternate door openings would be similar to those on later TVR's.