Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Anyone seen or know about that 400hpVR 4wd C that Dubsport..

Always nice when you find old stuff about your car :D

Just out of interest, any idea how much it cost the prev owner to have a garage do that kind of work on a C and come out with that much power? Most VRTs seem to be done by owners who know their stuff and build them bit by bit, I can't imagine it's cheap to get it done on someone else's time :shock:

Speaking to the guy I bought it off, the guy that commissioned the work spent in excess of 30k for labour and the parts. Also when I took it to the Phirm to chat with Tim about the brake upgrade he spent about 4 hours scanning round the car and agreed with said costings :gag: :shock: so the price I paid suddenly becomes good value :pale: :shrug:

I think he sustained an injury indulging his love of v fast motorcycles and wanted a car to recreate the thrill in a safer format

At the time I wasn't wild about the fuel tank in the boot or the change to 4 stud but other than that it was very sortedI. I imagine it has been refined and further developed since.

Agree with the fuel tank in the boot. Why anti the change to 4 stud; I wold prefer 5 stud but I don't see what differance it makes bar for choice of rims etc. After I get the brakes done the next development will be a suitable gearbox to cope with the torque and possibly different ratios. God that almost sounded as if I knew what I am talking about :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :help: people might start to think I am technical. The good thing as you mentioned is that it has had 7 years development so should be pretty solid. Tim reckons it's only on tick over with the power it developing at present.

I think he sustained an injury indulging his love of v fast motorcycles and wanted a car to recreate the thrill in a safer format

Thats true, I don't think he ever got to drive it though as I believe that he became disillusioned by the amount of time it took to develop :confused4:

It wasn't a dig, you must remember I was around the car and watched at various stages whilst it was being built by people who I respected and can call friends. So, I really appreciate the car and everything that went into it but I won't deny at the time my thoughts were whilst all the work was being done was that it deserved an OE style fuel tank arrangement to preserve boot space and the unmodified look together with the retention of the 5 stud VR set up to keep everything looking very stock and unassuming. Then again i'm very conservative and a little anal, those aspects of the car in no way detract from its quality or function its just my opinion and of little worth

It wasn't a dig, you must remember I was around the car and watched at various stages whilst it was being built by people who I respected and can call friends. So, I really appreciate the car and everything that went into it but I won't deny at the time my thoughts were whilst all the work was being done was that it deserved an OE style fuel tank arrangement to preserve boot space and the unmodified look together with the retention of the 5 stud VR set up to keep everything looking very stock and unassuming. Then again i'm very conservative and a little anal, those aspects of the car in no way detract from its quality or function its just my opinion and of little worth

I didn't take it as a dig :D . I am very very open to ideas and comments and I defo agree with the boot issue and the tank I would love to have an original but thats nigh on impossible due too the 4 wheel drive. I will have to look how the Golf Rallyes did their tanks. Again not being technical but due to the drivetrain would converting to 5 stud compromise things. The underlying issue aswell is the BBS LM's, how could I let them go :eek:

Always nice when you find old stuff about your car :D

Just out of interest, any idea how much it cost the prev owner to have a garage do that kind of work on a C and come out with that much power? Most VRTs seem to be done by owners who know their stuff and build them bit by bit, I can't imagine it's cheap to get it done on someone else's time :shock:

Speaking to the guy I bought it off, the guy that commissioned the work spent in excess of 30k for labour and the parts. Also when I took it to the Phirm to chat with Tim about the brake upgrade he spent about 4 hours scanning round the car and agreed with said costings :gag: :shock: so the price I paid suddenly becomes good value :pale: :shrug:

Wow... I had a feeling it may have been about that. Even more suprising it got passed on that quick, I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a totally unique car and then selling it on for a lot less :shock: At least someone gets to enjoy though and it wasn't broken :clap:

Wow... I had a feeling it may have been about that. Even more suprising it got passed on that quick, I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a totally unique car and then selling it on for a lot less :shock: At least someone gets to enjoy though and it wasn't broken :clap:

Yes he does and for a very very long time. I now have everything in a one'r. My original which started my love of C's and as much as I loved it to bits I sometimes thought about other faster cars RS2, RS4. Then one night I look on Pistonheads by chance near my birthday and see the beast so I take a hire car one way and 2 hours later drive the beast to Harrogate to stay for my birthday (what a present and it was only my 39th one) :lol: :lol:

I need to remember to look after my old one though; knowing how dear they can be to look after why have I got 2 :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Is this the one that lived in my home town for a shortish period? Burnley?

One of the ex dubsport lads works in a local place (Previously burnley car audio)

Neil.

Is this the one that lived in my home town for a shortish period? Burnley?

One of the ex dubsport lads works in a local place (Previously burnley car audio)

Neil.

Yes it is. That is where I picked it up from and what a fun year its been :D

Ahhh, rings a bell now, i think we have mentioned this on the forum before...

My mot man used to bug me about it, always telling me that there was a faster corrado in town. I just used to tell him to p|ss off or id get my mot done elsewhere. :lol:

Ahhh, rings a bell now, i think we have mentioned this on the forum before...

My mot man used to bug me about it, always telling me that there was a faster corrado in town. I just used to tell him to p|ss off or id get my mot done elsewhere. :lol:

We have it on the Members Gallery. I was just looking through old threads and thought I'd bring this to life as I regulary do :nono: