Sign in to follow this  
poll250

312mm Conversion - hoses advice!

I've been reading the wiki and searching for ages now to find an answer to this problem!

Ive got a 94 vr6, and some 312 calipers and carriers, hoses from a 2001 mk4 4 motion.

I've got the bolts and spacers so now all I need is to sort the hoses!

Now it has been mentioned that the mk2 to mk4 goodridge kit mentioned in the wiki is only for the rear.

Some people suggest you need to get a mk4 goodridge kit, but if I do that the hoses will be the same length as the current mk4 hoses attached to the calipers ( which are a few cm longer than the current vr6 hoses).

This suggests that I could just use the hoses currently attached to my calipers, but

1. Will the thread on the end of the current mk4 hose fit onto my cars line at the other end?

2. I don't want to get stuck in the same situation as Karl, so is the slight extra length of the current mk4 hoses a problem?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

the hoses of a mk4 will be fine mate its just the standard TT ones that are to long (and very dangerous), and the thread is the same.

karl