Sign in to follow this  
ADZ_VR6

Colour coding.. How fars too far!

Right i have a blackbury C thats off in for painting very shortley. Body work at the moment is standard i dont want to stray too far away from that. The one thing that is defo going is the side strips, apart from that i havent thought of doing much else Just wondered if anyones got any pics with colour coded door handles, number plate surround, trim at the end of the mirrors ect. At the mo im unsure dont want it to look too purple any ideas?

need some bits that are still gonan be black on the car, due to the fact your tyres will always be back and so will your seals etc. i would say take off the rubstrips and leave the tailgate black and the mirror bases black, think they just break it all up a bit, put it this way, you can always paint them later, will struggle more to take them back to black. :) - i personally would leave them black but obviously its upto you

need some bits that are still gonan be black on the car, due to the fact your tyres will always be back and so will your seals etc. i would say take off the rubstrips and leave the tailgate black and the mirror bases black, think they just break it all up a bit, put it this way, you can always paint them later, will struggle more to take them back to black. :) - i personally would leave them black but obviously its upto you

I would also agree... I think it needs some black on it, like the handles, rubstrips, etc., just for variety.

But still, it's totally your car, so it's all up to you :)

i got blue door handles and grill, rear plate holder is black and still got bumpstrips - have a look through my gallery

personally I would remove the side strips and colour code the front grill and rear number plate surround, but at the end of the day you have to live with the car

Im leaving the grill black, its the door handles and plate surround im still unsure of think the door handles look good colour coded on the darker cars just unsure on the lighter ones

Yep leave handles and mirror trim black. I dont personally think its wise to remove bumpstrips if its used daily (too many disrespectful idiots out there), how about colour coding the bump strips has anyone done that before? It would mean you still have the protection but also the colour coding would make them blend in with the car body.

Yep leave handles and mirror trim black. I dont personally think its wise to remove bumpstrips if its used daily (too many disrespectful idiots out there), how about colour coding the bump strips has anyone done that before? It would mean you still have the protection but also the colour coding would make them blend in with the car body.

Its only a toy mate the works van gets the abuse so she should be ok without the strips, Not in too many car parks :lol:

I think mine definitely looks better without the plastic door strips but its starting to look like a ruler or something with all the marks down the side.

Im having my car painted as we speak, im leaving everything as it came from the factory! and im putting the side strips back on when i get it back, I just think it looks better and offers a bit of protection form the "brand new company car dont care brigade" if you park anywhere

Colour coding does look good on the handles but its in constant use and would soon look shabby i think, the number plate panel looks best black imo too

But as said its your car ot be individual with, sometimes less is more though :D

Think i've decided on just losing the side strips to be fair and having a de badged grill (keeping vr6 badge just loesing the vw one) then leaving the rest standard, i've had all sorts of stupid ideas but i think that wil look subtle enough and not ott. :thumbleft: