Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

QT exhaust cut out valve

qt.jpg[/attachment:2stn6xqc]

After flicking through this months PVW I saw this little gadget for sale on the nemesisuk.com website.

Just wondered what people's general view was?

I like the idea of welding one into my exhaust after my lambda but before my cat, that way it'll still get through an mot and when it's closed will sound completely standard, until you drop into 4th on the motorway, flick the switch and completely open the exhaust up making a hell of alot of noise and hopefully some performance gain with little or no back pressure.

Am I being a prat wanting one or are they a bit cool?

having that before the cat and opening it up in 4th on the motorway would probably cause your head explode :lol: LOUD! if you did want to fit one have it fitted after the cat/mid silencer and before the back box/rear silencer. Cant see it giving you any more performace on a NA car, forced induction then maybe yes.

A chap I know had a Peugeot 205 with a 240bhp Turbo Technics conversion. He bought it from a Rolls Royce (I think) engineer who had made one of those exhaust valves himself. It worked very well.

having that before the cat and opening it up in 4th on the motorway would probably cause your head explode LOUD!

Yeah you've got a point, would sound like I was trying to tear the earth in half but you can adjust how much it opens so it wouldn't have to be that bad.

It would admittedly work alot better on a turbo but I just thought around top end at a decent speed when torque isn't an issue it would help to completely bypass the cat etc and free things up a bit.

Bloke at the shop was adament it was a proper piece of kit, saying they chuck 'em on evo's and scoobies all day long. When I mentioned I had a near on 3ltr V6 he told me they'd just put one on a 5.7 NA mustang with good results.