Sign in to follow this  
sandman68

big decision to make.....

Well, i have been thinking for some time about this, but here goes, im thinking about selling the C, and buying an Audi 2.8 quattro coupe, on a k plate, or a 2.6 coupe (fwd) on an M plate. the C is getting a little small in the back for the kids, although they dont go out in it much, they do sometimes have the pleasure (they love the noise it makes dont get me wrong, i love the C, but its getting more impractical.

if anyone out there has owned an Audi coupe, with either of these engine specs, can drop me a line and let me know what they are like, it would be appreciated,

and if anyone wants an l plate C in dragon green i may have it up for sale soon, i post in the relevant section when it comes to sell btw.

please, someone help me with my decision...plllzzzzzzzzzzzz

Steve

I've now had 2 corrados and three Audi coupes of the age you're talking about. One was a 2.0E and two were S2s.

I did try a 2.6 V6 Coupe (autobox) and found it to be no better at all than the 2.0E. No idea re: the 2.8quattro.

Regarding space in the back - go try one out but IMHO the coupes are only marginally better than the corrado. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the back of either for any long period.

As with so many cars of this kind of age it is somewhat luck of the draw. The 2.0 and the first S2 cost me almost nothing to run. The second S2 nearly bankrupt me!

The audi is a much bigger car on the outside but you don't really see much of the extra space on the inside.

Personally, I wouldn't swap the current corrado for another coupe based on space requirements..... An S2 Avant on the other hand....... ?!

Hmmm, there's an S2 avant for sale localy for £3k - if it wasn't for the fuel economy i'd be all over it like a rash. The seats are soooooo comfy (would be awesome in a rado actually)

thanks for all your help guys, but my wife has made my mind up for me.....after screaming at me for nearly an hour, telling me how much she loves the c, i have decided to scrap the idea, im getting the c fully fixed up, running and looking as she should, (yes it is a she, cos she's playing up at the moment.

im now going to buy a mk 2 scirocco gt2, seen better days, but will do while the c is off the road, then i will restore the s once the c is back on the road.

once again, many thanks to you all

steve...