Sign in to follow this  
Europolo

C on Air.. Calling all owners

Hi all...

Im new to this forum.. well this is my first post but ive been looking around for some weeks,I drive a 6N Polo and have been looking into buying a corrado for a long time now.. Im finally getting out university in the summer so will be buying then all going well. Im hoping one of my first mods can be airbags and digital height controller... (i know this will cost a fortune but im just sick of running my polo on coilovers and bouncing its subframe on roads with any sort of camber at all... If I buy a new car I need the looks and function too...

Who heres got airbags fitted to theres and can answer the following questions?

Who fitted them for you?

How much was installation?

What type kit do you have? Fast? Side to side? Digital?

No company sell a kit or anything, no?

How have you found the kit?

Would you recommend it?

Please dont start the age old debate or call me a granny for wanting bags... I can get coilovers for a while to keep me goin. Know where I can get some for 200gbp....Any feedback or comments welcome

Thanks a million in advance... Hope to get to know some other rado owners soon.

Cheers!

Cliff

Oh and heres a few pics of my 6N... Built in my garage, very limited budget (again due to college).. Hoping to build a super corrado over a few years..

nicefrontax4.jpg

nicebackit7.jpg

nicesideuj8.jpg

How do matey, i know a couple that have gone air but i dont know specifically any details, but try a company called Rayvern Hydraulics.

cheers for the welcome!

Ah ye I know rayvern well....was talking to them about air in my polo there a couple of months back... I was originally going to keep it, get airbags, clean it bit more and was thinking about plumbing in a g40 turbo motor.. A few have done it over on clubpolo. However Ive decided I need a change all together and am going to go for a C.

Yep Im on edition... Every day looking around, dont post on there much actually tho. Its hard keeping up with all these forums... LOL..

In relation to Rayvern.. I want to talk directly to corrado owners to find out their experience with air. Have a fair idea what rayvern will say. Must email them again actually...I know its not for everyone but Ive been mad to get it for a long time now, and hopefully will soon have the money.

Hopefully a couple will give me advise what setup to go for and ride quality, handling etc..... Thanks guys!...

I dont think you will get the answer on here mate, just not many at all are on air, in fact i can count on 1 hand how many Corrado's i have seen in 5 years on air.

Best to chat to Rayvern and then relay your experiences of it all as you ask the questions into this thread to hopefully help out anybody els who may be thinking of going down this route too.

The only member that had Air-ride on here that I know of was JBOB who sold his rado a year or two ago.

As far as I know there's no-one else on here with it.

Ok... Fair enough sorry....

I honestly thought there'd be plenty..Nothing would sit nicer than a rado on air..

Ive emailed Rayvern - Waiting for a reply.. Ill post it up whenever I get it anyway for future reference.

Thanks!!

Ok... Fair enough sorry....

No need to appologise mate! :eek:

To be honest, the questions you've asked aren't really Corrado specific - more about air-ride in general so you might find that you get alot more replies/info on E38 as its more poplular on there so more people will have experience of it :)

Perfect cheers... Ive read many a post on E38 about air but none about installations on a corrrado.. I guess im just curious what corrado set-ups there are out there and any specific difficulties in the installation process on this car.. Ill ask about so. Cheers for your help!

Ive also Pm'd JBOB so will see if he'll reply with details about his set up.. Thanks

JBOB occasionally comes on here but not as much as he used to since selling his, but he has the MK4 golf now and is a regular on ED38 if you cant get hold of him on here.

@ Quicky - I got an email back off rayvern.. There kits come with dampening / rebound adjustment, independant corner (better handling / less body roll) kit for 1650GBP...

Very reasonable I thought.. They also said its a direct bolt on kit - Ie no welding or fabrication required...

Not bad at all...

ye sounds about what Id thought it would cost. You going for it?

Do they do cheaper kist if I went for slower raise/lower kits. i just need one for speed bumps

I did some work on my dads MK3 Golf GTI which has driver and passenger airbags, shouldn't be a huge job to transplant a mk3 golf setup into a raddo. Drivers side would be easy, but the steering wheel isn't what you'd call pretty..... Passenger side is more of a problem as the dash isn't designed to take an airbag, but Passats of a similar age had airbags and the Corrado dash is almost identical. The Golf steering column parts should fit a raddo as they looked identical. The slip ring for the airbag and the cover for the column might take some fitting.

Trouble is, the only way to know if your airbags system works is to use it and even then a badly fitted airbag is quite likely more dangerous than not having one at all.... difficult call :?

Hope this helps

lol Dave, think you may need to read the post again :D

Your best bet is drop em an email and ask for a good cheap kit and see what he quotes you. Email address is on the site. Id price around, been looking at other brands too... GAS etc. Ye think I might go for it during the summer. Thinking of getting a dakota digital air-ride controller (300 extra but worth it) too for the following features:

Auto- raise when ignition turned on.

Preset heights

Auto leveling etc...