Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

Original steering wheel for G60?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of changing my current steering wheel (red Momo Corse) for an OE one, because it's annoying and the horn doesn't work (I'm pretty sure this is an MOT fail?).

Can any of you post up a pic of an original Corrado steering wheel for a J-plate G60? It's got the early spec interior (black/green tartan) but late spec bonnet, registered Nov 1991 if that makes any difference.

Cheers!

It's hard to tell from the pic mate but that looks like the later G60 one as long as it's leather...

Valvers had the same type of wheel but they weren't leather and they had a silver plastic strip under the VW sign instead of the black one. G40's also came with the same wheel as the valvers..

The G40 wheel is the same as the later valver wheel, which is the same as the 3 spoke G60 wheel but it has the silver strip and isn't leather... :eek:

EmLondon055.jpg

DSC00631-1.jpg

I've had far too many VWs :lol:

Cheers dude, but I really want to get it as period-correct as possible if you know what I mean!

I'm assuming you can no longer buy the leather wheels from VW? And if you could they'd cost an arm and a leg!

Cheers dude, but I really want to get it as period-correct as possible if you know what I mean!

I'm assuming you can no longer buy the leather wheels from VW? And if you could they'd cost an arm and a leg!

I've no idea what the deal was with the 2 different G60 wheels sorry mate, all my info just comes from owning too many cars :confused:

I haven't owned a 1991 rado so can't say which of the wheels you should have - allthough my guess would be that only the very latest G60's (Late J&K reg) came with the 3 spoke leather wheel so oringinaly the ugliest (IMO) of the wheels would have been in your car - Yandards or someone else with ETKA etc is probebly your best bet

If the VR wheel is anything to go by they are just shy of 400 notes from VW and even if you were generous enough to pay that they have none left...

If the VR wheel is anything to go by they are just shy of 400 notes from VW and even if you were generous enough to pay that they have none left...

Holy crap! Do they just make these prices up??

Biggrim - you have PM :)