Sign in to follow this  
ArnieG60

was the vac going to the ecu thnx

Hi guys/gals ive just bought a G60 corrado with plenty of engine work done, but when i accelerate foot flat down on the accel pedal the car runs flat and holds back . Its fine if I accelerate half throttle it picks up speed nicely but any more than half and it seems like the engine/air just doesnt flow................. its hard to explaine best i can explaine is it sounds like a flipping dump valve u hear a woosh of air when when I let go of the accel pedel. Any help welcome. Thnx :confused4:

Could be the old faithful - vacuum tube from the back of the throttle body to the ecu needs to be exactly 1m long long and in perfect condition. This will cause the problems you describe and is quick and easy to check?

Could be the old faithful - vacuum tube from the back of the throttle body to the ecu needs to be exactly 1m long long and in perfect condition. This will cause the problems you describe and is quick and easy to check?

I'd check this first off, also check the knock sensor is connected properly, guy i know had major running problems, stuttering/holding back, turned out he hadn't connected his knock sensor after doing something else in that region of the engine :eek:

Hi guys thanks for your help so far, im gona give all them things a try today fingers crossed. I will let you know what the problem was if i manage to fix it. Thanks again. :salute:

Lol there was no hose going from the throttle body to the ECU it had been sealed off :scratch: I dont know why! But I ran a hose from the throttle body to the ECU and bingo she revs foot flat down now. Took her for a test run and met my mate on the raod in his 260bhp (so he says) MR2 Turbo, he had me off the lights 1st ~ 2nd gear then as i got traction in 3rd started pullin away from him slowly. Thanks for all you help all she's an animal. :cheers:

DId you buy this car from a guy called Martin ?

I cant remember his name mate, the car was from tumbridge wells Kent.