Sign in to follow this  
Patch

Intake

While inder the bonnet of my G60 today,i couldn't help notice how poor the cold air feed is to tthe air filter.Has anybody done any mods to aid cold air to the charger? Pics would be good.

Been thinking about this myself. I have a jabba filter :wink: and have removed the carbon canister. Having a rs bumper helps as well. There is a handy mesh just waiting for a scoop to be fitted directing the air up to the filter. Tis one of those jobs I am saving for warmer weather though :tongue:

some people cut the airbox and remove the cabon canister, allowing a length of 68mm ducting to be run from the cut standard airbox down into the inner wing.

increase intake noise A LOT though.

Is that the can that sit's in the wing? This would make an ideal cold air feed from the front bumber.Is it ok to remove this can? What is it for?

So what do you do with the pipes than run into it?

Stil can't get over how poor the air feed is,even a 1.6mk4 has better feed than these.They must be starved of cold air(extra ponies).

So what do you do with the pipes than run into it?

Stil can't get over how poor the air feed is,even a 1.6mk4 has better feed than these.They must be starved of cold air(extra ponies).

I think you'd be surprised how well the original airbox is designed with the trumpet drawing air in past the headlight.

It's very similar / same as the late Mk2 golf airboxes iirc.

Here's a bit on how I did mine...

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34451&start=75

You need to remove all the cabon cannister rubbish (which will tidy up you engine bay as well). Then you have a nice big space to bring some ducting up through from under the bumper. Relocating the outside air temp gauge will give you an idea of incoming air temperature as well :D

I had an awesome cold air feed on my old G60. It involved a T off the brake duct feed using some drain pipe sealed and glued with bodyshop panel adhesive and a length of ducting and the previously discussed carbon canister removal. It didn

^^^ sounds like the way to do it!

the one I saw had a reasonably large bore pipe and wasn't sealed amazingly plus didn't use the brake duct, hence the noise!