Sign in to follow this  
aks650

some help please....?

Got a VR6 Corrado and i've got a problem lol, the car starts fine from cold but once its up to temperature and you stop and leave it for a bit and go to start it again the engine seems to take a while to fire up, it does start tho maybe 4 or 5 seconds turning over then it fires up!??? any ideas? ive just ordered new rotor arm, dirtributer cap and leads do you think this will cure the problem?? the car runs perfect once started btw!

Please help

Mine does the exact same thing, apart from mine is a coil pack model. Basically starts first time everytime when cold but once warm it always takes two turns of the key to start.

Runs fine all the rest of the time and I even get about 30mpg all the time so I've just leant to live with it. Typical corrado 'character' trait..... :lol: :cuckoo:

mine does this aswell and i have decided its because my injectors leak slightly. this causes a loss in fuel pressure so when u go 2 start it again it doesnt start as the fuel pump didnt prime engine enough. therefore, when u try and start it again it catches!!!! Prob alot of bull tho tbh haha

Andy

lol, another qusetion what the coil pack? is it on newer or older corrados? ive just oredered up a distributer cap and rotar arm for my 1995 model will this be okay! help im confused lol

nah not so much lol. Older cars have a dizzy n rotor arm but newer ones have a coil pack (like a rectangular black box that your HT leads connect to on side of engine)!! At least thats what all the newer VR6's iv saw have and mine has!!!

Andy