Sign in to follow this  
JimSTORM

1.8 or 2.0 16v?

HI all, i am looking to but myself either a 1.8 or 2.0 16v and i was just wondering what the difference of the peerformance of the two is. i know the 1.8 will do 0-60 in 8.7 or something and the 2.0 is slightly higher but which one would i be better off with, are the 2.0 a lot slower.

is the 2.0 better above 60mph?

Consensus of opinion seems to be that the 2.0 is more torquey, but overall power is about the same, due to the CAT.

hey

It doesnt matter which you get just make sure its got full leather and full electric pack. After all you will be sitting in traffic for most of the time so treat yourself!!!

I have a standard 2.0l BTW and it is a lot quicker then my mates 1.8 8v Golf GTi (which has stainless exhaust, kent cams and an induction kit) if they are the sort of stats you are after.

The 1.8L is indeed slightly quicker, really not that much in it really. But more practically it might be worth considering that insurers generally consider the 1.8L 16v as insurance group 15, while the 2L 16v is normally 17 :?

Also theres no worries about the CAT dying on the 1.8 cos there aint one :lol:

Guess it really depends how much money you want / got to spend because you'll find the 2L a bit more expensive to buy as they're newer.

Good luck mate 8)

well i am glad to hear that i have just bought a 1.8 16v at last !!!!!!! :D

WWWWOOOOHHHAAHHHH and its an absolute minter , (i hope)

Only 70 000 miles