Sign in to follow this  
Henny

RS2 Style PLASTIC front bumpers...

AFAIK Reiger's not released photos or a catalogue with details of this bumper yet so I can't point you in the direction of it... :?

']['H3R4POR, It's definately NOT that bumper... :?

The closest one I can find is the GRP (fiberglass) one on the Venom site...

bah, they all look the same ;)

Right, I've got the bumper now and it does seem to be quite well made... It doesn't look like it mounts on to the iron work exactly how the original did, and it's an RS4 style one, so has the exit grilles on the following edges of it. I'm not overly impressed with the finishing of the edges where it's been cut, but they won't take long to sand down... 8)

Rieger have got a picture in their catalogue, it was just me being thick, the only difference between the one in the picture below and the one I just bought is that mine's plastic, not fiberglass... (yeah, and it's not yellow or fitted to a car yet either... :roll: :lol: )

It's all dark, wet and horrible outside at the moment, but I'll post up as I fit this to my car and let you know how good / bad the fit is... 8)

Right, I got my backside into gear and took some photos of the bumper to let you lot know what you get for your money... 8)

Firstly, let me point out that this is the RS4 style bumper and as such may be different to the RS2 one that I ordered due to the side vents being where the original mounts should go... I've actually got this RS4 one due to a joint foul up in communications, :roll: so I'm going to remove the side vents, plastic weld up the holes and then plastic weld the original hangers (which I've cut out of my original bumper) into this new skin. This should then allow the bumper to be fitted exactly the same way as the original one with the ironwork and "cotton reels"... 8)

The kit consists of the ABS bumper skin(duh!), 2 strips of inch thick double sided sticky foam, a tube of sikaflex, mesh to cover the lower vent holes, a load of rivets and some self tapping screws... Oh and a nasty pink booklet with the instructions written in German... :roll:

From what I can translate, the idea is that you rivet the bumper to the ironwork through the indicator/fog light holes, using the 2 sticky foam strips (about 18" long each) behind the numberplate recess to attach it firmly there. Then you sikaflex any part of the ironwork that touches the bumper to ensure it's stuck well... I've not yet done this, but it appears to be a very good fit. I can confirm that the fogs and indicators plonk straight in with no hassles whatsoever... 8)

To get around the problem of the side vents being where the "cotton reel" hangers are, the instructions suggest that you screw the inner wheel liners to the bumper to give it support using 5 screws each side... If I have no luck in sourcing any ABS to plastic weld these vents out, I may well give this a go and see what happens... :?

The bumper is a really nice fit, even just balancing it onto the front of the car shows this, it's made of 2.5mm thick ABS and is reasonably finished on all of the parts you'd see when it's on the car...

Anyway, here's a load of photos...

['H3R4POR]glad to see it seems to be making sense :)

All I can say is, Thank God for my GCSE German...

Now there's a sentance I wouldn't have believed I'd ever say when I was learning it at school! :wink: :roll: :lol:

hi m8 just orderd mine, the one i orderd is the GTX front and rear and side sill,s where the cotton reals fit i had the same prob with the RS front bumper i put on my mk2 8v so i f/g some small bits of ply and screwed it by useing the cotton real holes and worked a treat carnt seem to find your foto,s m8 as soon as mine come i will be takeing a F/GLASS mould off them just incase the mrs shunts the front or back thanx for your info on the step by step just need to find me some fiat coupe light,s as i have made the shells for them so if you know any one can you let me know regards BETTYSWOLLOX// :lol: :lol:

man is everyone getting the same front bumper :cry:

Looks like it... :roll:

At least mine'll be different 'cos I've modded it! :p :wink: :lol:

Now there's a sentance I wouldn't have believed I'd ever say when I was learning it at school! :wink: :roll: :lol:

RIIIGHT, I can see this heading for a group buy for Linguaphone German lessons :-P :wink:

When shall i declare that i have also got a bumper on order :D

i found you av to look about a lot for a saveing i saved a bit £515 on my kit got the whole lot for £734 in del show u foto,s when it,s all on regards BETTY//// :)

man is everyone getting the same front bumper :cry:

Looks like it... :roll:

At least mine'll be different 'cos I've modded it! :p :wink: :lol:

lol well at least the ret of the car body mods will be there to make mine different lol :D

Personally im very impressed with the bumper quality especially after having a crap fiber one. :roll:

sounds like a similar pink book to what I got, which was promptly "filed" in the bin