Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

Any Problems running 9's all round

some of you may remember on my lastG I ran 9's on the back and 7.5s on the front

Im about to run 9's all round on my g with 45mm adapters to make it et15 so will fit nicely now anyone got any pics or done it and would like to share any thoughts or give some advice my way

cheers in advance andy

Check out Bally's, 9 all round with an et roughly the same as you want on rolled arches on early arches too, lowered as low as low can go in 16's. :D

i can't imagine 9s all round will ever give good handling. or 9s at all...

also imagine your wheel bearings will need replacing more often due to the offset and width

I am running 9's et15 all round dropped about 55 - 60mm coils and do get a little rubbing now and then but roads are terrible ere so cant complain, I have had the rear arches lips folded and front as standard also i am using 45 profile so next time ill go for 40 which should help a little more.

tbh with this size of wheel its a comprimise of looks or performance

good luck

I have et15 9j Borbets all round on mine, its on totally standard suspension a the mo :roll: its an early car too but i had the rear arches rolled, in preperation for my coilovers (still undecided what ones to go for :roll: ) front arches are still standard

looking at the clearance and travel it has now with them on, i think i will have plenty of room with 215 40 16 tyres as long as i dont go tooooooooo low

as for handling on 9j`s............It goes around corners like its on rails!!!!!!! the 215 has a big "foot print" and really does give severe grip and confidence in big fast bends, believe me i have tested it :grin: i do have continental sport contact 2`s though :grin: they grip like a junkie to a giro

The 215's do offer great grip - i had those on my 7.5"s - lovely square profile and noticeably more aggressive than 205's. However that was on 16s with a 40 profile. I personally despise stretched tyres - and despite people insisting the cornering is not in any way hampered - I just can't believe those claims. Dirtysouth hit the nail on the head - its got to be either handling or looks.

The thing with stretched tyres is they will grip and grip but suddenly let go without warning like an unstretched tyre will do as you are taking out the tyre wall flex it has, so zero feedback.

Mine are only very very slightly stretched, 215 40 16`s on the Borbets, its hardly noticable to be fair

IMG_0315-1.jpg

cheers for all the comments guys ive decided to be slightly sensible will run standard on the front 7.75 or 8's cant remember what it is on the front and 9's om the back i run 215's on the my 9J 16" borbets they were fine but the issue with the front on the RH;s is that they are 17" so 9J on 17's i think will just be too much on lock,

now just need to get hold of the 2 x 9"dishes and then put my steels on ready for the refurb by hand like on my borbets melted fingers nice :censored:

for the RH 9j outer rims try a guy called danny Bergert, he sells on Ebay under the name getconnect.de very good prices for the outer rims and the rims themselves are very good quality and superbly made

I got my 4 wider RM outers from him at a superb price last year, strength of the